Fiza to campaign against former Haryana chief ministerApril 21st, 2009 - 10:29 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali (Punjab), April 21 (IANS) Fiza alias Anuradha Bali, the estranged wife of former Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed Tuesday announced that she would campaign against his father Bhajan Lal in the forthcoming elections.
“Leaders like Bhajan Lal (former Haryana chief minister) do not have any right to win the elections. He has a strong hold in Hisar (Haryana) and wherever he goes for campaigning in Hisar, I would go there and run a separate campaign against him,” Fiza told reporters here Tuesday.
“I am also getting anonymous threatening calls and if anything happens to me, then Bhajan Lal’s family and Mohali police will be responsible for it,” she added.
Fiza also filed a complaint against the Punjab police in a court Tuesday.
“I have filed a complaint against the Punjab police in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Mohali today (Tuesday) against the police’s inaction in the case. Considering my complaint, the court has issued notice to the SSP (senior superintendent of police) Mohali and directed him to submit his report by May 11,” she said.
Both Fiza and Chand had mysteriously disappeared in November last year and re-appeared in December after 40 days as a married couple after embracing Islam. They had changed their names from Chander Mohan and Anuradha Bali to Chand Mohammed and Fiza respectively.
However, Chand lost his job as Haryana’s deputy chief minister.
The marriage lasted hardly 40 days with Chander Mohan suddenly leaving Fiza’s house Jan 28 and not communicating with her after that.
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- I will ruin Chand's life, says angry Fiza - Jun 05, 2009
- Fiza to pursue legal battle against Chander Mohan - Oct 29, 2009
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza over phone - Mar 14, 2009
- Punjab police summon Chand Mohammed, Fiza (Lead) - Feb 17, 2009
- Fiza approaches court for passport in new name - Jun 08, 2009
- Chand-Fiza soap opera: Chand Muhammad back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
Tags: alias, bali, bhajan lal, campaigning, deputy chief minister, forthcoming elections, inaction, islam, jan 28, job, judicial magistrate, marriage, married couple, mohali police, mohammed, mohan, punjab police, strong hold, superintendent