Fiza finally complains to police against Chand MohammedFebruary 16th, 2009 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali (Punjab), Feb 16 (IANS) Having waited for his return even beyond her own deadlines, Anuradha Bali aka Fiza, wife of former Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed, Monday filed a complaint with the Punjab police against him in Mohali town adjoining Chandigarh.
Fiza has accused Chand Mohammed, who converted to Islam along with her to get married in December last year, of betrayal and sexual exploitation.
She has also sought security from the the Punjab police fearing for her life.
“She has submitted a written complaint to us but no case has been registered so far. I have given the case for investigation to a senior police official and we will first complete our own investigation before taking any final action,” Jatinder Singh Aulakh, senior superintendent of police of Mohali, told IANS Monday.
“They are political and influential people and I have got many life threats in the past. So, adequate security cover should be provided to me by the police,” Fiza said in her complaint.
Fiza had set a deadline for Chand Mohammed to return to her, and said she would seek legal action against him.
Mohammed, who has been virtually underground for the last 20 days after he suddenly left Fiza’s house in Sector 48 of Mohali town, is the elder son of former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal.
He lost his job as Haryana’s high-profile deputy chief minister early December last year after he emerged from a more than 40-day hiding with a new name, religion and wife.
Fiza first claimed that he was “kidnapped” by his brother Kuldip Bishnoi’s men. However, Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed refuted the charge.
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Punjab police summon Chand Mohammed, Fiza (Lead) - Feb 17, 2009
- Fiza to campaign against former Haryana chief minister - Apr 21, 2009
- I will ruin Chand's life, says angry Fiza - Jun 05, 2009
- Fiza fears Chand Mohammed may have fled country - Feb 17, 2009
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza from London (Lead) - Mar 14, 2009
- Fiza moves Punjab rights body against Chand Mohammed - Feb 19, 2009
Tags: adequate security, alias, aulakh, bali, betrayal, bishnoi, brother, deputy chief minister, islam, job, lal, mohali, mohammed, mohan, police official, punjab police, religion, sexual exploitation, superintendent