Fiza appears before police, Chand Mohammed fails to turn upFebruary 20th, 2009 - 8:27 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali (Punjab), Feb 20 (IANS) Fiza, the estranged wife of Haryana’s former deputy chief minister Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed, appeared before Punjab Police officials in this town adjoining Chandigarh Friday in connection with the complaint filed by her against her husband.
Fiza, earlier known as Anuradha Bali, met the superintendent of police (city). She had this week filed a complaint alleging that she had been raped, cheated and her religious sentiments had been hurt by Chand.
However, Chand Mohammed failed to turn up despite summons being issued in his name also.
Bali, a lawyer herself and former assistant advocate general in the Punjab and Haryana government, came with her lawyers and recorded her statement.
She said she had submitted evidence against her elusive husband with the police during an hour-long meeting with the official.
“We had sent our official to Chander Mohan’s residence in Panchkula Friday but he was told that Mohan is not at home. In such circumstances, we have to submit an ex parte report and will take the legal action accordingly,” Superintendent of Police Varinder Pal Singh told IANS.
“We have recorded the version of Anuradha Bali and based on the proof that she has given us, we will complete our investigations at the earliest,” said Singh.
Mohan and Bali embraced Islam and got married secretly in Uttar Pradesh’s Meerut city last November. The two changed their names to Chand Mohammed and Fiza.
Chand Mohammed, who has been virtually underground for the last 25 days after he suddenly left Fiza’s house in Sector 48 of Mohali town, is the elder son of former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal. Fiza has expressed fears that he could have fled the country with his first wife and children.
Mohammed, a four-time Congress legislator from Kalka assembly seat in Haryana, did not attend the entire budget session of the Haryana assembly this month.
He lost his job as Haryana’s high-profile deputy chief minister December last year after he emerged from a more than 40-day hiding with a new name, religion and wife.
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Chander Mohan sends fax from London after Fiza files complaint (Lead) - Feb 21, 2009
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza to campaign against former Haryana chief minister - Apr 21, 2009
- Fiza approaches court for passport in new name - Jun 08, 2009
- I will ruin Chand's life, says angry Fiza - Jun 05, 2009
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza over phone - Mar 14, 2009
- Fiza finally complains to police against Chand Mohammed - Feb 16, 2009
Tags: anuradha, assembly seat, budget session, chand, chandigarh, deputy chief minister, first wife, haryana, lal, last november, legislator, meerut city, mohammed, mohan, panchkula, police officials, punjab, religious sentiments, time congress, uttar pradesh