Fix accountability for Thomas’s nomination: JaitleyMarch 8th, 2011 - 6:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 8 (IANS) Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley Tuesday asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to fix accountability for those who included the name of ex-bureaucrat P.J. Thomas, charge-sheeted in a scam, in the list of candidates for the chief vigilance commissioner’s (CVC) post.
Seeking clarifications after the prime minister made a statement in the upper house accepting responsibility for selection of Thomas as the CVC, Jaitley asked him to clarify who was responsible for including Thomas’ name.
“Whoever were responsible for pushing this name should be made accountable,” he said.
“The independence and integrity of CVC is of utmost importance. The only intention is that this institution of CVC is strengthened so that this kind of errors are not repeated,” Jaitley said.
- PM accepts responsibility, says Prithviraj prepared Thomas's file - Mar 08, 2011
- New CVC will be appointed soon: Manmohan Singh - Mar 08, 2011
- BJP to question PM on Thomas in Rajya Sabha - Mar 07, 2011
- CVC row: Chavan in Delhi to meet Sonia - Mar 10, 2011
- CVC row: Chavan meets Sonia (Lead) - Mar 10, 2011
- No differences in party on CVC issue: Gadkari (Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Were you misled or did you mislead, BJP to PM (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- No differences in party on CVC issue: Gadkari - Mar 09, 2011
- BJP totally united on CVC issue: Jaitley - Mar 12, 2011
- Was PM misled or did he mislead, asks BJP (Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- SC raps government, asks how CVC will function in light of criminal case - Nov 22, 2010
- PM admits 'error of judgment' in Thomas's appointment (Roundup) - Mar 07, 2011
- No difference in BJP on PM's CVC statement: Sushma Swaraj - Mar 05, 2011
- CVC fiasco: Prithviraj Chavan is lying, says Kerala CM Achuthanandan - Mar 10, 2011
- Women MPs' day in parliament (Roundup) - Mar 08, 2011
Tags: accountability, arun jaitley, bureaucrat, clarifications, cvc, integrity, intention, j thomas, leader of opposition, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, nomination, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rajya sabha, upper house, utmost importance, vigilance