Five-year-old kid names Putin’s new puppyDecember 10th, 2010 - 12:04 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Dec 10 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A five-year old boy from Moscow has won a competition to choose a name for Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin’s new puppy.
Dima Sokolov, who chose the winning name of “Buffy”, was invited by the prime minister to the governmental residence near Moscow Thursday evening.
The Bulgarian Karakachan puppy was presented to Putin as a gift by his Bulgarian counterpart Boyko Borisov during a recent visit to Sofia.
Putin has been given all sorts of pets by many political leaders.
A Siberian tiger cub - Mashenka - was given on his 56th birthday two years ago, while a labrador named Connie was given to him when he was president by Emergencies Minister Sergei Shoigu on the 2001 New Year’s Eve.
The former KGB agent also has a Persian gazelle given to him by Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev in 2002. A crystal crocodile was gifted by former Moldovan President Vladimir Voronin the same year.
Putin is also the owner of a cat, two poodles and a she-goat and her offspring.
- Bulgarian PM gifts puppy to Putin - Nov 14, 2010
- Russia may ban tigers, crocodiles as pets - Nov 23, 2010
- Japan gifts Putin puppy to boost ties - Jul 28, 2012
- Vladimir Putin Asks Russians To Help Him Name Puppy - Nov 19, 2010
- Putin spy posters put up in Moscow - Jul 15, 2011
- Putin, Obama to meet after presidential inauguration - Mar 21, 2012
- Bulgaria witnesses anti-government protest - Mar 27, 2011
- Putin, Merkel, Gates nominated for Chinese peace prize - Sep 18, 2011
- No political prisoners in Russia: Putin - Feb 07, 2012
- Photographer falls to death at Moscow rally - May 07, 2012
- Russian ex-cop charged over dislike of ruling party - Aug 11, 2012
- Ukraine to extradite Putin murder plotter - Aug 15, 2012
- Medvedev, Putin harvest corn at farm - Oct 26, 2011
- Putin speaks out on Syria settlement plan - Jul 23, 2012
- Putin wants performance checks for bureaucrats - Feb 04, 2012
Tags: borisov, connie, counterpart, crocodile, dima, gazelle, kazakh, kgb agent, labrador, moldovan president, nursultan nazarbayev, political leaders, poodles, president nursultan nazarbayev, ria novosti, russian prime minister, siberian tiger cub, sokolov, vladimir putin, vladimir voronin