Five Karnataka BJP MLAs whisked away to Goa resortOctober 7th, 2010 - 5:19 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai/Panaji, Oct 7 (IANS) Five Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislators from Karnataka landed at the Dabolim airport in Goa Thursday and were immediately whisked away to a resort in south Goa.
While names of the five BJP legislators were not available, the group landed in Goa from a flight that arrived from Mumbai 12.35 p.m. Sources said that rooms for the BJP legislators had been booked for three days at a starred resort in south Goa.
BJP spokesperson Govind Parvatkar said the state unit was not aware of the arrival of the BJP legislators from Karnataka in Goa.
“We do not have any information on this. We have learnt about it only from the media. We are not keeping track on them,” Parvatkar told reporters.
The 29-month-old BJP government in Karnataka was Wednesday reduced to a minority in the 225-member assembly after 19 lawmakers, including 14 from the ruling party, submitted a joint letter to the governor withdrawing support to and expressing their lack of confidence in Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa.
Karnataka Governor H.R. Bharadwaj has directed Yeddurappa to prove that he enjoys the confidence of the house by 5 p.m. on Oct 12. However, the chief minister has said he would do it a day earlier.
- 12 dissident Karnataka BJP legislators in Mumbai, may go to Goa - Oct 07, 2010
- Karnataka BJP crisis deepens as more legislators join rebels (Roundup) - Oct 10, 2010
- Five lawmakers to join Karnataka cabinet Thursday - Aug 11, 2011
- 14 rebel Karnataka legislators arrive in Kerala - Oct 07, 2010
- Karnataka government set for trust vote amid boycott threat (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2010
- Rebel Karnataka MLAs' major issues sorted out: Naik - Oct 09, 2010
- Deadlock in Karnataka BJP as rebels stay put in Goa (Roundup) - Oct 09, 2010
- Karnataka governor, speaker spat over rebels (Lead) - Oct 11, 2010
- Advani to take up Goa mining scam in roadshow - Oct 19, 2011
- Parrikar meets Karnataka dissidents MLAs, says crisis will be solved by Saturday - Oct 08, 2010
- Yeddyurappa government wins trust vote amid chaos (Lead) - Oct 11, 2010
- Will tide over political crisis, says Yeddyurappa - Oct 07, 2010
- Karnataka crisis: Fresh talks with dissidents MLAs in Goa - Oct 08, 2010
- Karnataka speaker disqualifies 16 rebel legislators - Oct 11, 2010
- Who'lldeliver Goa's 50th year of liberation speech? - Oct 23, 2011
Tags: bharadwaj, bjp government, chief minister, dabolim airport, goa resort, govind, karnataka, lack of confidence, lawmakers, legislators, letter to the governor, member assembly, mumbai, oct 7, panaji, ruling party, south goa, spokesperson