First Lady Rejects ‘Angry Black Woman’ ImageJanuary 13th, 2012 - 12:27 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, Jan 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) US First Lady Michelle Obama says America should judge her for who she is. Michelle was on CBS’ This Morning show on Thursday where she also spoke about a new book. She discredited some of the remarks that the book makes about her saying she was never given the opportunity to express her views in the book.
The book, The Obamas which was released recently, claims that Michelle clashed with several top advisers of the President. The book in particular named former White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel and former Press Secretary Robert Gibbs as some of the two top advisers who clashed with the First Lady.
Michelle denied the claims by the book stating that, “I guess it’s more interesting to imagine this conflicted situation here… but that’s been an image that people have tried to paint of me since the day Barack announced (his bid for the presidency), that I’m some angry black woman… Rahm is - and Amy, his wife - are some of our dearest friends.”
The book was written by New York Times reporter Jodi Kantor. The author claim that she interviewed about 30 people who had worked with the administration before. Interesting enough, the author admitted that she never interviewed the President and the First Lady.
Barack Obama became the first black President in the history of the United States. He is seeking re-election in the 2012 race.
- Obama faces uphill re-election climb, says ex-aide - Oct 10, 2011
- Obama has finally kicked the butt, says proud First Lady Michelle - Feb 09, 2011
- Sarah Palin takes pot-shots at Michelle Obama with s'mores - Dec 21, 2010
- US President Barack Obama has not smoked in a year - Feb 09, 2011
- Female staff in Obama White House felt edged out: New book - Sep 20, 2011
- Democratic Supreme Court puts Rahm Emanuel Back on Mayor Ballot - Jan 26, 2011
- Michelle Obama sends stocks, sweet potatoes soaring - in style (Profile) - Nov 04, 2010
- Michelle Obama to take 'Let's Move!' anti-obesity drive global - Feb 09, 2011
- Michelle Obama arrives in South Africa - Jun 21, 2011
- Keeping immigrant families together is critical: Michelle - Jul 17, 2012
- Obama finally kicks the butt, 'hasn't smoked for 9 months' - Dec 29, 2010
- Obama's insular White House worries his allies - Dec 25, 2010
- The Obamas Talk Politics, Sports And Their Life At The White House In Barbara Walters Interview - Nov 27, 2010
- Michelle Obama White House 'hell' claim dismissed - Sep 17, 2010
- Obama Administration's Press Secretary Robert Gibbs Steps Down - Jan 06, 2011
Tags: barack obama, black woman, cbs, cbs this morning, chief of staff, first black president, first lady, history of the united states, image washington, michelle obama, morning show, new york times, presidency, press secretary, rahm emanuel, robert gibbs, secretary robert, times reporter, white house chief of staff, woman image