First ever ‘Bihar Divas’ inaugurated by Nitish KumarMarch 22nd, 2010 - 9:14 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, March 22 (IANS) The first-ever “Bihar Divas” celebrations were Monday inaugurated by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in the presence of hundreds of people at the Gandhi Maidan here.
Speaking after inaugurating the three-day celebrations, Nitish Kumar said Bihar will be a developed state by 2015 with a high growth rate.
“We have targeted achieving an annual growth rate of 15 percent in next five years and overall development in the state,” he said.
He also referred to the latest Bihar economic survey for 2009-10 which said the state’s economy registered an annual growth rate of 11.35 percent over a five-year period from 2004-05 to 2008-09. It was only 3.5 percent per year in the previous five years.
The chief minister also announced that the state government will provide karate training to 16 lakh girl students. He also announced free bicycles for boy students, as were distributed to girl students earlier.
The state government has declared a public holiday to mark the day. “All government offices, including banks, will be closed to mark the celebration,” said an official in the chief minister’s office.
- On Dhanteras day, Patna buys 2,000 shiny new cars - Nov 03, 2010
- Bihar needs special status: Nitish Kumar - Aug 15, 2012
- Bihar is 100 years old - Mar 22, 2012
- Changing Bihar focuses on health - Mar 22, 2011
- Nitish Kumar floats 99 lamps to kickstart Bihar Divas - Mar 22, 2011
- Bihar's economy registers over 11 percent annual growth - Feb 22, 2012
- Bihar's cycle of development - now labourers to get bikes - Aug 19, 2011
- Bihar shining, says economic survey - Mar 05, 2010
- Jharkhand to provide free bicycles to girl students - Aug 08, 2011
- Nitish Kumar ties rakhi to a tree - Aug 13, 2011
- President to launch Bihar agriculture map - Jul 26, 2012
- Nitish Kumar: Socialist at heart and politician of few words (Profile) - Nov 24, 2010
- People clean villages to mark Bihar Divas - Mar 22, 2011
- Bihar ready for centenary celebrations - Mar 21, 2012
- Bihar legislature's centenary bash kicks off - Mar 22, 2011
Tags: annual growth rate, banks, celebration, celebrations, chief minister, economic survey, economy, free bicycles, gandhi, girl students, government offices, karate training, lakh, maidan, next five years, presence, public holiday, state government