Fire guts Nagaland CM’s residence, narrow escape for familyFebruary 8th, 2011 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
Kohima, Feb 8 (IANS) Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio and his family had a narrow escape Tuesday evening when a major fire broke out at their official residence while they were inside the house, officials said. “The chief minister and his family were inside the house. Fortunately, they escaped unhurt,” Nagaland Additional Chief Secretary Alemtemshi Jamir told IANS.
“It was a wooden structure… almost everything has been destroyed,” he added.
The fire broke out at around 7 p.m. Fire fighters were battling the blaze.
- Fire at Nagaland CM's residence, family escapes unhurt (Lead) - Feb 09, 2011
- Nagaland Chief Minister's aide escapes attack - Jul 06, 2012
- Nagaland makes industry out of its music - Aug 28, 2012
- Britain's Prince Andrew to visit Kohima May 1 - Apr 25, 2012
- Army stages flag march in Nagaland - Sep 02, 2012
- Nagaland returning to normalcy - Sep 03, 2012
- Nagaland donates Rs.1 mn to flood-hit Thailand - Nov 17, 2011
- Nagaland announces award for Swuro - Jul 31, 2012
- Olympian archer honoured in Nagaland - Aug 16, 2012
- Fire destroys Shillong church, short circuit suspected - Jan 02, 2012
- Massive fire at Maharashtra Mantralaya - Jun 21, 2012
- Five-time Nagaland chief minister loses by-poll - May 13, 2011
- Two killed, 16 injured in Mantralaya fire (Intro Night Lead) (With images) - Jun 22, 2012
- Kashmir shrine gutted, probe ordered (Roundup) - Jun 25, 2012
- 16 injured in Mantralaya fire, blaze under control (Night Lead) (With images) - Jun 21, 2012