FIR against Jharkhand speaker for poll violationsMay 25th, 2012 - 8:55 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, May 25 (IANS) A police complaint was lodged Friday against Jharkhand assembly speaker C.P. Singh for allegedly violating the model code of conduct, an official said. A by-poll for the Hatia assembly seat is scheduled for June 15.
“The FIR (First Information Report) has been lodged in Sukhdeonagar police station of Ranchi for violation of model code of conduct. Singh has been charged for inaugurating a few sewerage system on May 20 in Ranchi. One of the sewerage systems was located in Hatia assembly constituency,” an official of Ranchi district administration told IANS.
The Congress party had complained to the Election Commission local office against the assembly speaker. Based on the Congress complaint, the police complaint was filed against Singh.
The polling process has began for the Hatia by-poll. Friday was the last day for filing of nomination papers. A total 33 candidates are in the fray.
- 42 percent polling in Jharkhand by-poll (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Jharkhand speaker charged with violating poll code - Aug 24, 2012
- Police complaint against Jharkhand BJP president - Jul 02, 2011
- Denied bypoll ticket, Jharkhand Congress leader joins BJP (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Whom to support for Hatia by-poll? JMM to decide May 28 - May 26, 2012
- Chhattisgarh ministers violated poll code: Congress - Jan 22, 2011
- Denied bypoll ticket, Jharkhand Congress leader joins BJP - Jun 06, 2012
- Bihar Congress chief booked for poll code violation - Sep 13, 2010
- Jharkhand's ruling alliance to face each other in Hatia by-poll - May 23, 2012
- Dhoni casts vote in Jharkhand by-poll - Jun 12, 2012
- BJP accuses Salman Khurshid of poll code violation - Sep 10, 2010
- FIR against Lalu for violating code of conduct - Nov 01, 2010
- Jharkhand by-poll Tuesday amid tight security - Jun 11, 2012
- Court reserves order in case against Dikshit (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Voting under way in Hatia bypoll in Jharkhand - Jun 12, 2012
Tags: assembly seat, assembly speaker, code of conduct, congress party, constituency, district administration, election commission, fir, hatia, information report, local office, model code, nomination papers, police complaint, police station, poll, sewerage system, sewerage systems