Final tally of parties in Karnataka electionsMay 25th, 2008 - 9:02 pm ICT by admin
Bangalore, May 25 (IANS) The following is the final tally of parties in Karnataka elections : 2008 2004
BJP: 110 79
Congress: 80 65
JD-S 28 58
Independents: 6 13
JD-U: — 5
CPI(M): — 1
RPI: — 1
KCVP*: — 1
KNP*: — 1
* Kannada Chaluvali Vatal Paksha (KCVP) and Kannada Nadu Party (KNP) are regional parties.
In the 2008 assembly election, JD-U, CPI(M), RPI (Republican Party of India) and KCVP candidates did not win a single seat, while KNP did not contest as it is defunct.
Other national parties such as Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) and Samajwadi Party (SP) drew a blank though they contested in 217 and 144 constituencies respectively in the 2008 election.
BSP contested in 102 seats in 2004 too, but had not won a single seat.
- Fourth phase of Bihar Assembly polls begins amid tight security - Nov 01, 2010
- Protests against moral policing in Karnataka - Jul 29, 2012
- Bihar polls: Case filed against Lalu, Rabri for violating model code - Nov 01, 2010
- Congress alleges BJP-CPI-M pact in Kerala - Apr 10, 2011
- Elaborate security in place for fourth phase of Bihar Assembly polls - Oct 31, 2010
- Fractured verdict threw up hung assembly in 2004 - May 09, 2008
- Campaign ends for first phase of Bihar polls - Oct 19, 2010
- JD-U fields Nitish Kumar's castemen in Nalanda - Oct 04, 2010
- Fifth phase of Bihar Assembly polls begins amid tight security - Nov 09, 2010
- Sharad Yadav seeks action against 'paid news' in Bihar - Oct 05, 2010
- Campaigning ends for third phase of Bihar polls - Oct 26, 2010
- Congress set for hat-trick in Manipur (Second Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Congress set for hat trick in Manipur (Third Lead, changing dateline) - Mar 06, 2012
- Voting in Bihar by-poll ends peacefully - Oct 13, 2011
- Key contests in round three of Election 2009 - Apr 29, 2009
Tags: assembly election, bahujan samaj party, bahujan samaj party bsp, congress, constituencies, CPI, elections, independents, India, knp, national parties, regional parties, republican party, rpi, samaj, Samajwadi Party, tally