Filmmaker Prakash Jha declares assets worth Rs.550 mnApril 2nd, 2009 - 3:20 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, April 2 (IANS) Filmmaker Prakash Jha, contesting from the Bihar’s West Champaran constituency, has declared in an affidavit that he has personal assets worth Rs.55 crore (Rs.550 million).
Jha, who is a Lok Janshakti Party nominee, said in the affidavit submitted during filing of nominations that he has Rs.2,925,602 (Rs.29 lakh) in cash and bank deposits to the tune of Rs.41,233,548 (Rs.4.1 crore). Jha also has shares and bonds worth Rs.88,113,484 (Rs.8.8 crore).
The affidavit also says that Jha has agricultural land worth Rs.1,622,700 (Rs.16 lakh).
Jha is pitted against Sadhu Yadav, a Congress nominee and brother-in-law of Railways Minister Lalu Prasad.
- Vijayakant files nomination, owns asset worth Rs.19.88 crore - Mar 24, 2011
- Prakash Jha arrested for distributing money, released - Apr 22, 2009
- 87 'criminal' candidates in Bengal polls' fourth, fifth phases - Apr 28, 2011
- Police to file chargesheet against filmmaker Prakash Jha - Sep 10, 2009
- Pranab's son, daughter-in-law own assets worth Rs.5 crore - Apr 06, 2011
- Prakash Jha to make film on poll experience now - Apr 25, 2009
- Mayawati added Rs.23.64 crore to her wealth in two years - Mar 13, 2012
- 22 'criminal' candidates in Bengal final phase poll - May 06, 2011
- 48 candidates in Bengal second-phase face criminal charges - Apr 16, 2011
- Trinamool's Amit Mitra, wife worth Rs.7 crore - Apr 07, 2011
- Coal India's net profit up by 12.94 pc in FY11 - May 25, 2011
- Karunanidhi, wives declare Rs.43 crore assets; Jayalalithaa's are Rs.64 crore - Mar 24, 2011
- Case against Prakash Jha withdrawn - Apr 01, 2009
- 31 'crorepati' candidates in third phase of Bengal polls - Apr 22, 2011
- Private telcos owe BSNL Rs.550.88 crore - May 02, 2012
Tags: affidavit, agricultural land, bank deposits, bihar, bonds, brother, champaran, congress, constituency, crore, filmmaker, lakh, lalu prasad, lok, party nominee, personal assets, prakash jha, railways, rs 8, sadhu