File FIR against Satish Sharma, Kapur, says CPI-MMarch 17th, 2011 - 4:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 17 (IANS) The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) said Thursday that a police case should be filed against Congress leader Satish Sharma and his aide Nachiketa Desai who allegedly told US diplomats that money had been paid to buy MPs during the 2008 parliament trust vote.
“The report sent by the US Charge d’Affaires should be the basis for the filing of a First Information Report (FIR) and an investigation against Satish Sharma and Kapur,” the CPI-M said in a statement.
“The Congress leadership, including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, cannot escape their responsibility in this gross act of political malfeasance and bribery,” it added.
The statement said the US embassy cable accessed by The Hindu through WikiLeaks that the Congress party paid bribes to MPs to win the confidence vote in July 2008 “is an additional confirmation of a well-known fact”.
“The ‘cash for vote’ issue had erupted in the Lok Sabha on the day of the vote itself. But despite the trail of evidence, after an enquiry by a Parliamentary Committee, no action was taken.”
- Go Manmohan, says opposition after WikiLeaks expose (Intro-Roundup) - Mar 17, 2011
- WikiLeaks disclosure: Allegations totally baseless, says Sharma - Mar 17, 2011
- Nachiketa denies all information about payoffs to MPs - Mar 17, 2011
- Satish Sharma denies knowing 'aide' named in US cable - Mar 17, 2011
- WikiLeaks expose: US embassy refuses to comment - Mar 17, 2011
- Ajit Singh denies charges of getting cash for votes - Mar 17, 2011
- PM 'rejects firmly' bribery allegation on 2008 trust vote (Lead) - Mar 18, 2011
- PM on Wiki disclosures: I have not authorised anyone to purchase votes - Mar 18, 2011
- PM has no authority to continue: Third Front - Mar 17, 2011
- WikiLeaks exposes UPA's cash for vote deal - Mar 17, 2011
- WikiLeaks disclosure: 'I have not witnessed anything', says Kapur - Mar 17, 2011
- WikiLeaks expose on 2008 cash-for-votes scam not 'concocted': Varadarajan - Mar 17, 2011
- PM should quit over WikiLeaks revelations: Advani (Second Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- CPI-M demands higher probe into vote-buying charge - Mar 23, 2011
- No comments on Wikileaks: US embassy - Mar 17, 2011
Tags: communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, confidence vote, congress leader, congress leadership, congress party, desai, information report, Lok Sabha, malfeasance, manmohan, manmohan singh, nachiketa, parliament trust, parliamentary committee, police case, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, trust vote, wikileaks