Fifty detained outside Pawar’s house, Team Anna denies role (Lead)July 30th, 2012 - 5:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 30 (IANS) A total of 50 people, claiming to be supporters of Anna Hazare, were detained Monday for protesting outside the house of union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar here.
“A total of 50 people have been detained. They were protesting outside Sharad Pawar’s residence,” Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police Manish Kashyap, told IANS.
However, Team Anna denied indulging in any protest outside Pawar’s residence.
The incident was reported at 2:20 p.m. at Sharad Pawar’s New Delhi residence at 6 Janpath where people were shouting anti-government slogans.
They were taken by Delhi Police officials in a bus to Tughlaq Road police station.
“India Against Corruption (IAC) is not associated with the protest. We have not organised it,” IAC media coordinator Ashwathi Muralidharan said.
The IAC supports Hazare in his fight against corruption in the country.
Earlier Saturday, the supporters staged a protest outside Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s official residence at 7 Race Course Road.
- Protest at Pawar's residence, Team Anna denies role - Jul 30, 2012
- Police battle anti-graft protesters outside PM's house, Hazare for second freedom movement (Intro Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- Will continue protest outside PM residence: Kejriwal (Second Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Bring Lokpal or go, Anna tells UPA (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Team Anna supporters gather in Jantar Mantar - Jul 25, 2012
- Police use force on protests near PM, Sonia houses (Evening Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Anna supporters protest outside PM's residence (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Anna's supporters raise a storm in Delhi - Aug 16, 2011
- Groundswell of support for Anna visible in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- Police battle anti-corruption protests near PM, Sonia houses (Roundup) - Aug 26, 2012
- Thousands gather at Delhi's Chhatrasal stadium in Anna's support - Aug 16, 2011
- Bring Lokpal or go, Anna tells UPA (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Congress, other parties have corruption-blackened hands: Hazare - Aug 26, 2012
- Anna disbands Team Anna, leaders perplexed (Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- Protests gather momentum, over 1,000 detained in Mumbai (Second Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
Tags: agriculture minister, anna hazare, commissioner of police, delhi police, deputy commissioner, fight against corruption, India, manmohan, manmohan singh, media coordinator, New Delhi, police officials, police station, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, protest, sharad pawar, slogans