FDI marks countdown for UPA: BJPSeptember 21st, 2012 - 5:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 21 (IANS) A day after the government notified the decision to allow foreign equity in multi-brand retail, the BJP Friday said it marked the beginning of the countdown for the UPA regime.
“The countdown of the government has started after it notified the FDI in multi-brand retail on Thursday,” Bharatiya Janata Party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters here.
He said the people were talking why the government acted so and whether the move was taken under pressure.
Hussain said the government forgot its assurance given to parliament, reminding it that then finance minister Pranab Mukherjee had stated in Lok Sabha that the government will move forward on the FDI issue only after consulting the house.
He said the government also did heed the protests of the opposition parties who staged a nationwide strike on Thursday against the move.
- Why is minority UPA in hurry over FDI in retail: Trinamool - Sep 21, 2012
- Recall of retail FDI regressive, disappointing: India Inc (Roundup) - Dec 07, 2011
- PM speaks to Trinamool, DMK on FDI (Lead) - Nov 30, 2011
- BJP to consult allies on demand for special session of parliament - Sep 19, 2012
- Trinamool to continue opposition to reform legislations - Jul 20, 2012
- Industry feels let down with recall of FDI in retail - Dec 07, 2011
- 'Efforts on to allow FDI in multi-brand retail' - Mar 16, 2012
- FDI will help create 1 crore new jobs in retail: Government - Sep 21, 2012
- No reversing decision on FDI in multi-brand retail: Sharma - Jul 27, 2012
- Tripura government opposes FDI in retail - Nov 30, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,