FBI files show that Ted Kennedy received threatsJune 15th, 2010 - 8:01 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, Jun 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) According to FBI documents that were released on Monday, Senator Edward Kennedy received lots of death threats over a period of two decades.
According to the documents, Kennedy received death threats from several organizations and individuals. Some of the organizations that threatened Kennedy were the Klu Klux Klan, the “Minutemen” group and the National Socialist White People’s Party. One anonymous letter said that, it was predicting “assassination of Kennedy number three within twenty-four hours of the day October twenty-fifth nineteensixtyeight (sic). All Kennedy residents are in danger on that day.” Another letter warned that, “the Kennedy residence must be well protected on that date.”
Ted Kennedy was the brother of President John F. Kennedy and Senator Robert. F. Kennedy. Both brothers were assassinated in a period of less than five years. President John F. Kennedy was assassinated on November 22, 1963 whereas Senator Robert Kennedy was assassinated on June 6, 1968.
There were attempts to attack his image and in 1954, his father, Joseph Kennedy, showed concern of the planned attack on Teddy’s admission to school at Fort Holabird.
Kennedy also had a few brushes with the law. In 1969, he was involved in an auto accident on the Chappaquiddick Island. The accident claimed the life of a passenger but Kennedy failed to report the accident to the police, until 10 hours later. As a result, he got a suspended sentence and probation.
Ted Kennedy died last year from brain cancer.
- Ted Kennedy faced several deaths threat after brothers' assassinations: FBI - Jun 15, 2010
- FBI Files Divulge Death Threats On Ted Kennedy - Jun 15, 2010
- Ted Kennedy Received Death Threats In His Lifetime - Jun 15, 2010
- List of suspects behind John F. Kennedy's assasination up for grabs - Dec 13, 2010
- Ted Kennedy's FBI File Released: JFK, Marilyn, and Teddy Sex Parties? - Jun 15, 2010
- RIP Ted Kennedy: Lion of the Senate at peace - Aug 26, 2009
- Swift admires the Kennedy family - Sep 02, 2012
- Australia PM lauds 'great American' - Aug 27, 2009
- Senator Edward Kennedy's death ends `historic' US chapter (Roundup) - Aug 26, 2009
- Robert Kennedy's assassin denied parole for 13th time - Mar 03, 2011
- Edward Kennedy, liberal lion, scion of American royalty (Obituary) - Aug 26, 2009
- Kennedy gets candid over his "Lows" in memoir - Sep 03, 2009
- Kennedy was not interested in space travel - Sep 13, 2012
- Senator Edward Kennedy dead - Aug 26, 2009
- Ted Kennedy dies of brain cancer aged 77 (Part-I) - Aug 26, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,