Fatal hammer blows await terrorists: ChidambaramApril 26th, 2009 - 1:23 am ICT by IANS
Sivaganga (Tamil Nadu), April 25 (IANS) Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram Saturday sternly warned terror elements and said nobody will be allowed to play with India’s unity “till the last drop of my blood”.
“No terrorist or anti-national element will be allowed to play with India’s unity and integrity till the last drop of my blood,” Chidambaram told supporters here during election meetings.
“As the holder of India’s home portfolio, I am warning all brands of terrorists that fatal hammer blows await them as the endeavour to safeguard ourselves,” the home minister said.
He also recalled his performance as finance minister giving facts and figures as he addressed a series of meetings in his parliamentary constituency 350 km south of state capital Chennai.
Chidambaram has won six times from this constituency.
The warning against terrorists and anti-national element comes as over 30 people were arrested all over Tamil Nadu including Chennai, Thanjavur and the textile city of Erode earlier in the day for attempting to burn Indian flags to protest the centre’s alleged aid to Sri Lankan military moves against the Tamil ethnic minority in the island.
- Chidambaram hit by court ruling, opposition wants him out (Second Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Chidambaram in dock for poll result, opposition demands resignation (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Remove Chidambaram, demands BJP - Jun 17, 2011
- Blazing a trail, Jayalalithaa fires salvo at Chidambaram, Maran (Roundup) - Jun 14, 2011
- Jayalalithaa springs surprise, attacks Chidambaram (Intro Roundup) - Jun 14, 2011
- Congress declines comment on Jaya's charge against Chidambaram - Jun 15, 2011
- Court rejects Chidambaram's plea - Aug 04, 2011
- Public sector banks to disburse Rs.6 lakh crore farm loans: Chidambaram - Aug 25, 2012
- Chidambaram need not resign, says Karunanidhi - Jun 09, 2012
- Jayalalithaa's remark contempt of court: Chidambaram - Jun 14, 2011
- Sack Chidambaram, says BJP's Joshi (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Shops owned by Keralites attacked in Tamil Nadu - Dec 07, 2011
- Chidambaram never won election, must quit: Jayalalithaa (Lead) - Jun 14, 2011
- Congress rebuffs BJP's demand for Chidambaram's ouster - Jun 07, 2012
- Counting agents should monitor data entry operators: Jayalalithaa - May 11, 2011
Tags: chennai, election meetings, endeavour, ethnic minority, finance minister, hammer blows, home portfolio, indian flags, military moves, national element, p chidambaram, parliamentary constituency, six times, sri lankan, tamil nadu, terrorists, textile city, thanjavur, union home minister, unity