Family unhappy with new presidential term: PutinMarch 8th, 2012 - 9:35 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, March 8 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russian president-elect Vladimir Putin has said his family was not happy with his decision to run for president again.
“They are not very happy with this,” Putin said, but gave no details of what exactly his wife and daughters told him after he made his decision.
“This is a private matter, let me not talk about this,” said the incumbent prime minister, who won with 63.6 percent of the vote in the March 4 presidential election.
Putin’s wife Lyudmila has rarely been seen in public of late. His daughters Maria and Yekaterina stay out of public eye.
- Russian court declines considering election suit - Apr 28, 2012
- New Russian cabinet could use tycoon Prokhorov: Putin - Mar 08, 2012
- 20 protesters held in Moscow - Mar 09, 2012
- Putin, Obama to meet after presidential inauguration - Mar 21, 2012
- Pussy Riot appeals verdict - Aug 28, 2012
- Vote fraud too small to make difference: Putin - Mar 08, 2012
- Russian presidential polls March 4 - Jul 22, 2011
- Russian election commission declares Putin winner - Mar 08, 2012
- Pussy Riot members found guilty in Moscow (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- US looks forward to working with Putin - Mar 06, 2012
- Putin denies role in Pussy Riot case - Sep 06, 2012
- Obama calls Putin - Mar 10, 2012
- Two members of Pussy Riot flee Russia - Aug 27, 2012
- Russian government in for serious rotation: Putin - Jan 24, 2012
- Putin has $180,000 in bank savings - Dec 23, 2011