‘Expedite issue of completion certificates’February 24th, 2012 - 12:11 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 23 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Thursday directed the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) to expedite the issue of completion certificates to flat owners of the Commonwealth Games (CWG) Village.
Justice Hima Kohli asked the DDA to issue completion certificates to 30 of the total 34 towers of the CWG village.
The court further directed the DDA to keep four towers - 5 and 15 (Emaar MGF share) and 26 and 29 (DDA share) - out of the 34 towers to allot them to flat buyers in case some flats were demolished due to violation of building bylaws.
The DDA Thursday told the court that it has already started the process of issuing completion certificates to the builder, and issued certificates to four towers - 1, 3, 4 and 9 - so far.
The land owing agency also told the court that it would shortly issue certificates to the other four towers after the builder clears all dues.
The court took serious note for not complying with its earlier order that directed the Urban Development Ministry to file an affidavit about the Group of Ministers’ (GOM) decision on the request of the DDA to relax the norms for those flats which were constructed in excess of the floor area limitation.
Justice Kohli directed the ministry to file the affidavit within a week, and in case it fails to comply the order, the ministry’s Secretary would be present in person in court to explain the delay.
Allowing the plea of the DDA to initiate formalities to auction 110 flats, the court said that the auction could not be done by the DDA without the permission of the court.
The court’s order came on a plea of CWG Flat Allottees Association seeking a direction to the DDA to issue completion certificates for more than 400 flats so that the private builder could hand over the possession to them.
“The allottees were at a loss in the fight between the developer and the agency and that instead of issuing the completion certificate to the project developer, the agency had arbitrarily sealed the flats only in two towers,” said the petition filed by the CWG Allottees Welfare Association.
- CWG village flats: Pay dues to DDA, court tells Emaar MGF - Mar 19, 2012
- CWG village: DDA says builder can allot flats - Apr 19, 2012
- De-seal flats in Games Village, court tells DDA (Lead) - Nov 03, 2011
- High Court's nodal agency for food catering vans - Feb 03, 2012
- Shock for CWG flat owners: Emaar-MGF owes government Rs.314 crore - Mar 13, 2012
- Give licences to food vans, court tells MCD - Mar 22, 2012
- Illegal constructions in Ghaziabad sealed, case against builder - May 21, 2012
- DDA proposes regularising excess area in Games Village flats - Dec 13, 2011
- Complete Rohini plot demarcation by Oct 30, court tells DDA - Sep 23, 2011
- Year on, filthy CWG flats lie unoccupied - Sep 28, 2011
- Land reclaimed after mosque demolition, DDA tells court (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Court notice to school on poor student's plea - Jun 02, 2012
- Court allows 65 detained Pakistanis to stay in jail - Apr 05, 2011
- Kalmadi wants medical reports under wraps - Aug 05, 2011
- Court seeks government reply to Lalit Modi's plea - Jan 18, 2012
Tags: affidavit, bylaws, commonwealth games, completion certificate, completion certificates, cwg, delhi development authority, delhi high court, development ministry, formalities, hima, kohli, mgf, New Delhi, norms, plea, possession, project developer, urban development, village justice