Exit poll: Mexico’s ruling party lost key local electionMay 17th, 2010 - 5:35 am ICT by BNO News
MERIDA, MEXICO (BNO NEWS) — Mexico’s ruling party, the center-right National Action Party, lost the key local election of the Merida municipality in the state of Yucatan, according to a TV exit poll released on Sunday.
An election exit poll from GCE/MilenioTV showed Angelica Araujo Lara, from the center-left former governing Institutional Revolutionary Party far ahead of her rivals for the Merida municipality.
The survey showed Araujo Lara with 51.2 percent. Former senator and former Mexico’s social development minister Beatriz Zavala Peniche from the National Action Party had 37.3 percent.
The Merida municipality had voted in favor of President Felipe Calderon’s National Action Party for 18 years.
12 states will choose governors during local elections on July 4.
- Italian PM Berlusconi wins crucial confidence vote in Parliament - Jun 22, 2011
- New government sworn in Greece - Nov 11, 2011
- EU urges Greece to reaffirm reform commitment - Nov 08, 2011
- Poland's ruling party leads in polls - Oct 10, 2011
- Mexico gears up for first televised presidential debate - May 07, 2012
- Euro falters over Italy, Greece political uncertainty - Nov 09, 2011
- French PM re-elected in parliamentary elections - Jun 11, 2012
- Mexican protests block TV studios amidst election scandal - Jul 29, 2012
- Former Mexican presidential candidate "kidnapped" in Queretaro state - May 16, 2010
- Maya ruins buried under Mexican highway preserved - Jun 07, 2012
- Hung assembly, Samajwadi Party to be largest party: Exit polls (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Dali exhibit opens in Mexico - Jan 25, 2010
- Dating service uses philandering Mexican politician's image - Jun 08, 2012
- 766 complaints of paid news received in Jan-March polls: Quraishi - Jul 06, 2012
- Italian PM Berlusconi resigns - Nov 13, 2011
Tags: 18 years, angelica, bno, development minister, exit poll, governors, institutional revolutionary party, july 4, lara, local elections, municipality, national action party, news mexico, peniche, president felipe calderon, rivals, ruling party, yucatan