Ex-Karnataka minister Janardhana Reddy’s bail cancelledJune 13th, 2012 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 13 (IANS) The Andhra Pradesh High Court Wednesday dismissed the bail granted by a lower court to former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy in an illegal mining case.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had challenged the bail granted to him by the CBI court here May 11 in the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) case. However, he was not released as he was lodged in Bangalore jail in another illegal mining case in Karnataka.
The high court said the accused may again approach the CBI court for bail.
The cancellation of bail is significant as it was allegedly granted by a CBI judge for a huge bribe.
High court chief justice Madan B. Lokur on May 31 suspended First Additional CBI judge T. Pattabhirama Rao after a preliminary probe by the CBI revealed that he granted bail for a bribe of Rs.5 crore.
The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB), which has now taken up the investigations into the bail scam, has booked Pattabhirama Rao and seven others including two Karnataka legislators. The ACB also arrested rowdy-sheeter Yadgiri.
Those booked by the ACB include Pattabhirama Rao’s son Ravi Chandra, retired judge Chalapathi Rao, Janardhana Reddy’s brother Somasekhara Reddy and Suresh Babu, both legislators from Karnataka.
- Cash-for-bail: Suspended judge, seven others booked - Jun 09, 2012
- Karnataka MLA Somasekhara Reddy held in cash-for-bail scam - Aug 06, 2012
- Karnataka BJP MLA Somasekhara Reddy held in cash-for-bail deal (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Mining baron Reddy's kin arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jul 22, 2012
- 'Janardhana Reddy wanted bail at any cost' - Jul 23, 2012
- Suspended judge sent to police custody in bribery scam - Jun 29, 2012
- Names of two more judges surface in cash-for-bail scam - Jul 11, 2012
- Ex-judge, suspended judge's son arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jun 16, 2012
- Andhra CBI judge arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jun 19, 2012
- Andhra ACB files charge sheet in cash-for-bail case - Aug 13, 2012
- Mediator received Rs.9.5 crore to arrange bail for Reddy - Jul 03, 2012
- Andhra's cash-for-bail scam sent to anti-graft bureau - Jun 09, 2012
- Two more judges sent to jail in cash-for-bail scam - Jul 12, 2012
- Former Karnataka minister Sriramulu appears before Anti-Corruption Bureau - Aug 21, 2012
- Two Karnataka legislators summoned in Andhra cash-for-bail scam - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: acb, andhra pradesh high court, bribe, brother, cancellation, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, chandra, chief justice, corruption bureau, investigations, karnataka minister, legislators, madan, mining company, rao, sheeter, son ravi, suresh babu