Ex-Haryana minister’s effigy burntAugust 6th, 2012 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Aug 6 (IANS) Protestors here Monday burnt an effigy of Haryana’s former minister of state for home Gopal Goyal Kanda, booked for abetment to suicide of a 23-year-old former flight attendant in Delhi, and demanded his arrest.
The workers of the Bharatiya Janata Party and the Haryana Janhit Congress gathered near the deputy commissioner’s camp office in Civil Lines and marched towards Kanda’s residence in the same area.
Police prevented them from coming close to Kanda’s house. After shouting anti-government slogans, they burnt the effigy on a road, some 50 metre from Kanda’s residence.
Geetika Sharma, a former flight attendant of the now-defunct MDLR Airlines, hanged herself in north Delhi’s Ashok Vihar neighbourhood Sunday and in her suicide note blamed Kanda for her extreme step
- Police search Kanda's farmhouse for evidence - Aug 20, 2012
- Police scan Kanda's 400 SMS to Geetika - Aug 12, 2012
- Kanda surrenders - Aug 18, 2012
- Kanda's office, home searched - Aug 19, 2012
- Chaddha's judicial custody extended till Sep 11 - Aug 30, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Kanda's kin detained - Aug 11, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Suicide notes written on day of Geetika's death: Police - Aug 24, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Kanda evades reply to 7 key questions - Aug 19, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda - Aug 16, 2012
- Delhi Police search Kanda's house, farm house - Aug 07, 2012
- Kanda's Gurgaon farmhouse, office searched (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- Kanda sent to 7 days police custody (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Police arrest Chaddha, Kanda absconding - Aug 08, 2012
- Chaddha's police custody extended by three days - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: abetment, airlines, ashok, bharatiya janata party, congress, deputy commissioner, extreme step, flight attendant, geetika, haryana minister, kanda, minister of state, neighbourhood, north delhi, protestors, slogans, suicide note