Evidence against Maya government’s scams soon: ShivpalJune 2nd, 2012 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 2 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh government has begun simultaneous probes into the alleged irregularities and scams that took place in the five year rule of BSP chief Mayawati.
Stating this, PWD Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav, younger brother of Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav, said evidences were being collected and prima facie the cases appear watertight.
“Evidences have been gathered in the Rs.100 crore expenditure and misappropriation of funds done for repairs at Mayawati’s house, and very soon many people will land in jail,” Shivpal Yadav said after inspecting the incomplete Kodrai bridge in Balrampur.
Shivpal Yadav, as leader of the opposition during BSP rule, had filed a petition under the Right to Information (RTI) Act, seeking to know how much expenditure was incurred in rebuilding Mayawati’s residence at Mall Avenue.
The RTI elicited a response only last month when the government changed. It was revealed that a whopping Rs.100 crore was spent on its repairs and beautification.
During the Mayawati rule, Shivpal Yadav, the then opposition leader in the assembly, was slapped in public by a policeman, allegedly at the behest of powers that be and the hostilities between Maya and Yadav are famous.
- Minister flayed for saying officials can steal from state coffers - Aug 10, 2012
- UP government compromised on Maya's graft: BJP - Jun 15, 2012
- BSP runs for cover as skeletons tumble out (News Analysis) - May 17, 2012
- BSP stages walk out over power crisis in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 20, 2012
- Communal riot add to Mulayam-Akhilesh's headache - Jun 02, 2012
- With ministers like his, Akhilesh needs no enemies (Uttar Pradesh Newsletter) - Aug 18, 2012
- SP activists protest against BSP, baton-charged - Mar 07, 2011
- Samajwadi Party urges governor to protect its legislator - Nov 01, 2010
- Thousands of activists detained during protests: Samajwadi Party - Mar 07, 2011
- With SP's return, Mulayam's pet projects return - Mar 07, 2012
- Mayawati sacks two more ministers on graft charges - Oct 05, 2011
- Mayawati plotted land scam in Noida: Minister - Jun 15, 2012
- BSP-SP 'war' set to get shriller in times to come - May 21, 2012
- Akhilesh is candidate for Legislative Council - Apr 05, 2012
- Two UP Congress leaders hitch onto Samajwadi Party bicycle (News Analysis) - Apr 22, 2012
Tags: beautification, behest, evidences, hostilities, irregularities, leader of the opposition, lucknow, Mayawati, misappropriation of funds, mulayam singh yadav, opposition leader, party president, policeman, probes, pwd minister, rti, Samajwadi Party, scams, uttar pradesh government, whopping rs