Ensure return of northeast people: Arun JaitleyAugust 17th, 2012 - 2:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 17 (IANS) Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley Friday said it was the responsibility of all political parties, state governments and communities to ensure that northeast citizens return to their respective places of work or study.
Speaking in the Rajya Sabha during a discussion on the huge exodus of northeast people from various parts of the country, Jaitley said that the rumour mongering should come to an end.
“The onus and responsibility is on us to make sure this panic comes to an end… This rumour mongering comes to an end,” he said.
“The central government, state governments, political parties and communities should speak in one language and make sure that this exodus stops immediately and those who have left come back and join their place of work or study,” Jaitley added.
“Their presence in various parts of the country promotes unity and integrity. To deal with a situation like this when fear psychosis has set in among them and some of them have left for their states is a challenge that each one of us faces here,” Jaitley said.
- Parties unite for northeast, PM assures safety (Second Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Northeast exodus unites parties, PM assures safety (Third Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Rajya Sabha appeals to northeast people to come back - Aug 17, 2012
- All parties will ensure safety of northeast citizens: PM (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- As exodus continues, bulk SMSes banned; parliament unites in support (Roundup) - Aug 17, 2012
- Exodus of people from northeast continues from Bangalore (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- PM assures protection to northeast people, MPs demand resolution - Aug 17, 2012
- PM asks states to maintain peace (Third Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Karnataka to probe rumours against northeast people - Aug 17, 2012
- Hyderabad cops allay fears of northeast people, set up helpline - Aug 17, 2012
- Andhra police chief appeals northeast community not to panic (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Chidambaram denies discrimination against northeast students (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- Assam violence: Sonia warns against partisan finger-pointing - Aug 28, 2012
- Will ensure safety of northeast citizens: PM - Aug 17, 2012
- Andhra police chief asks northeast community not to panic (Second Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: arun jaitley, central government, citizens, exodus, government state, integrity, leader of opposition, New Delhi, onus, political parties, presence, rajya sabha, rumour mongering, state governments, unity