End fast, Thackeray appeals to HazareAugust 24th, 2011 - 5:14 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 24 (IANS) Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray Wednesday urged Anna Hazare to end his nine-day-old hunger strike in view of his frail health.
In a personal, signed, two-page letter to Hazare, Thackeray said the entire country had rallied behind the anti-corruption crusader as he adopted the path of a hunger strike for a strong Lokpal bill.
“However, I am concerned by the reports of your health condition. Though you have vowed to sacrifice your life for this noble cause, this war should not be at the cost of your life,” Thackeray said.
Moreover, in such an eventuality, the very people he was fighting could benefit, added Thackeray.
“In view of your deteriorating health, now end your fast. Even after that, the agitation can continue. After you end your hunger strike, let your associates Kejriwal, Bedi, Sisodia and others can sit on hunger strike and the crusade will go on,” Thackeray exhorted the 74-year-old activist.
- Please end fast, Thackeray appeals to Hazare (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Thackeray speaks to Hazare, sends grandson to venue - Aug 26, 2011
- Bal Thackeray targets Team Anna, Hazare - Jan 08, 2012
- Prominent citizens appeal to Team Anna to call off fast (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Listen to doctors, cops tell Team Anna (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Thackeray blasts Team Anna - Nov 07, 2011
- Chavan pleads, but Hazare continues fast (Lead) - Dec 28, 2011
- Impose President's rule in the country, says Shiv Sena - Aug 23, 2011
- Anna saga drags on amid political war, brinkmanship (Roundup) - Aug 26, 2011
- Fasting Team Anna members refuse to go to hospital (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Nationwide protests against black money Sunday: Ramdev - Jun 01, 2012
- 'Government should not take Anna stir lightly' - Aug 02, 2012
- Sibal holds 'constructive dialogue', Hazare's fast enters day 3 (Afternoon Lead) - Apr 07, 2011
- Bring Lokpal or go, Anna tells UPA (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Hazare's health stable on second day of fast - Jul 30, 2012