Elder Reddy tells CBI no links with miningSeptember 17th, 2011 - 1:10 am ICT by IANS
Bellary, Sep 16 (IANS) G. Karunakara Reddy said late Friday that he has told the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) that he was no longer associated with his arrested brother G. Janardhana Reddy’s mining business.
“I told them I had resigned as director of OMC (Janardhana-owned Obulapuram Mining Company) in 2004 itself,” Karunakara who appeared before CBI in Hyderabad earlier in the day told reporters on return to this north Karnataka town, about 300 km from Bangalore.
He parried all other questions.
Janardhana, who was tourism minister in Karnataka’s first Bharatiya Janata Party government headed by B.S. Yeddyurappa, is in CBI custody at Hyderabad for illegal mining in Andhra Pradesh. He was arrested along with OMC managing director B.V. Srinivas Reddy from Bellary on Sep 5.
G. Somashekara, the youngest of the three Reddy brothers, was interrogated by the CBI in Hyderabad Thursday.
Karunakara was revenue minister in the Yeddyurappa cabinet that went out July 31 after Yeddyurappa was indicted by Lokayukta (ombudsman) for graft in the illegal mining scam.
Somashekara is an assembly member.
- CBI to quiz Reddy brothers over illegal mining - Sep 15, 2011
- Arrest Reddy kin to prevent evidence tampering: Congress - Sep 14, 2011
- CBI raids mining firms for second day in Bellary - Oct 04, 2011
- Two people arrested with Rs.4.9 crore sent to jail - Sep 17, 2011
- Reddy associate Sriramulu denies absconding fearing arrest - Sep 17, 2011
- Reddys empire: mines in Andhra, politics in Karnataka - Sep 05, 2011
- Ex-official sent to CBI custody in illegal mining case - Nov 14, 2011
- Mining baron Janardhana Reddy arrested, jailed - Sep 05, 2011
- Judicial custody of illegal mining case accused extended - Jan 25, 2012
- BJP takes first step to discipline defiant Reddy brothers - Nov 25, 2011
- CBI seizes documents from Reddy associates - Sep 19, 2011
- CBI arrests OMC director in illegal mining case - Dec 02, 2011
- CBI takes Janardhana Reddy's kin to Bellary - Sep 17, 2011
- Mining baron Janardhana Reddy finally under arrest (News Analysis) - Sep 05, 2011
- CBI steps up probe into illegal mining - Sep 15, 2011
Tags: assembly member, bangalore, bharatiya janata party, brother, cbi, central bureau of investigation, graft, managing director, mining company, ombudsman, party government, revenue minister, srinivas reddy, tourism minister