Egypt presidential poll results to be announced SundayJune 23rd, 2012 - 10:04 pm ICT by IANS
Cairo, June 23 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The official results of Egypt’s presidential election will be announced Sunday at 5 p.m. (1300 GMT), state TV reported Saturday.
The results of the June 16-17 run-off vote were originally planned to be released Thursday, but the Supreme Elections Commission said it needed more time to examine some 400 reports of electoral violations received by the commission.
The two candidates, the Muslim Brotherhood’s Mohammed Mursi and Ahmed Shafiq, who served as prime minister under former president Hosni Mubarak, have both claimed victory.
- Muslim Brotherhood seeks dialogue to 'save revolution' - May 26, 2012
- Egypt polls: Muslim Brotherhood claims victory (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Egypt polls: Muslim Brotherhood says it is winning - Jun 18, 2012
- Egypt passes constitutional amendments - Jun 18, 2012
- EU welcomes Morsi as Egypt's new leader - Jul 01, 2012
- Egyptians vote in presidential poll run-off - Jun 16, 2012
- Muslim Brotherhood claims victory, army promises to give up power (Second Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Egyptians vote for new leader - Jun 17, 2012
- Egypt court clears Mubarak aides for election - Jun 15, 2012
- Islamist Morsi sworn in as Egypt's president - Jun 30, 2012
- Egypt president orders defence minister to retire - Aug 13, 2012
- Egypt goes to polls Wednesday - May 22, 2012
- Egypt to hold presidential election in May - Mar 01, 2012
- Muslim Brotherhood's Morsi wins Egyptian presidency (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Egyptian army to hand over power May 24 - May 03, 2012
Tags: ahmed, cairo, egypt, elections commission, former president, gmt, hosni mubarak, june 23, mohammed, mursi, muslim brotherhood, president hosni mubarak, presidential election, presidential poll results, prime minister, ria novosti, shafiq, state tv, victory, vote