Efforts on to revive terrorism in Tripura: SarkarAugust 15th, 2012 - 2:39 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, Aug 15 (IANS) Surrendered militants, separatist outfits and a section of the opposition are conspiring to revive militancy in Tripura, Chief Minister Manik Sarkar said Wednesday .
“Although the Bangladesh government is pro-active to flush out base camps of northeast militants, efforts are on to send tribal youths across the border to take arms training,” Sarkar said after unfurling the tricolour at the Assam Rifles ground here.
“Though terrorism has been tamed in Tripura, a section of political leaders are trying to revive it to get political mileage. These political forces are also using surrendered terrorists,” he said in his speech to mark India’s Independence Day.
A CPI-M leader, Sarkar said that in recent years, 93 to 96 percent people had voted during elections.
He said India was sought to be ruled by a nexus of politicians, top bureaucrats and corporate managers.
“Black money is running a parallel economy in the country,” he said.
- Black money running parallel economy: Tripura chief minister - Aug 15, 2011
- Tripura Congress, CPI-M trade charges of wooing militants - Jun 27, 2012
- 'Tripura rehabilitating surrendered extremists' - Mar 06, 2012
- Terrorists reviving outfits in Tripura, says police chief - Aug 21, 2012
- Three Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Jul 04, 2012
- Northeast terror outfits moving to Myanmar: Assam Rifles - Aug 25, 2012
- Indian militants still trained in Bangladesh: Tripura CM (Lead) - Jan 05, 2011
- Indian militants get trained in Bangladesh: Manik Sarkar - Jan 05, 2011
- Conspiracy against Tripura's Left government: Manik Sarkar - Dec 05, 2011
- 'Congress, INPT conspiring to oust Left in Tripura' - Jun 25, 2012
- Three militants arrested in Tripura - Jun 18, 2012
- Tripura militants recruiting youth, warns intelligence - Jun 21, 2012
- Ex-militants demand education for kids - Jul 30, 2011
- Hasina visits Tripura Wednesday to commemorate history - Jan 10, 2012
- Tripura militant outfits on revival path, says CM - Aug 28, 2012
Tags: assam rifles, bangladesh government, base camps, black money, bureaucrats, chief minister, corporate managers, CPI, independence day, mileage, nexus, opposition, parallel economy, political leaders, political mileage, politicians, sarkar, terrorism, terrorists, tricolour