Edward Kennedy: A Tribute To The SenatorAugust 26th, 2009 - 6:05 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Veteran US Senator Edward Kennedy, the brother of the slain president John F. Kennedy died on late Tuesday night after succumbing to a brain tumor. Here’s a tribute to America’s one of the most successful Senator of all time.
Edward became a Democratic Massachusetts Senator in the year 1962, and reclaimed his post till he died on August 25th. He was re-elected as many as for seven times. Senator Kennedy was a power house not only for the Democrats but for the US politics as well, having served the country for almost 50 long years. US President Barack Obama, of whom he was an active supporter expressed his grief by saying that he is “heart broken” on hearing his death. “An important chapter in our history has come to an end. Our country has lost a great leader who picked up the torch of his fallen brothers and become the greatest US Senator of our time,” said Obama.
Edward Kennedy was named as one of the America’s “Ten Best Senators” by the Time magazine citing that “he had amassed a titanic record of legislation affecting the lives of virtually every man, woman and child in the country.”
Senator Edward Kennedy, popular known as “Teddy” will be remembered as one of the most effective and popular legislators in America’s history, according to BBC’s Richard Lister. Kennedy was a fierce critic of the Bush administration due to its invasion of Iraq and the scandal revolving around the “prisoner abuse”. According to the sources, the UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown said that Senator Kennedy “will not only be mourned in America, but in every continent”.
The death of the Senator marks the end of an era of probably “the most successful Senator” in America’s history.
- Edward "Ted" Kennedy: The US Senator Dies At 77 - Aug 26, 2009
- Obama Set To Deliver Eulogy At Edward Kennedy's Funeral - Aug 27, 2009
- Edward Kennedy's Death Mourned By Republicans - Aug 26, 2009
- Edward Kennedy to be buried in Arlington Cemetery Saturday - Aug 27, 2009
- Kennedy's death brings end to historic chapter: Obama - Aug 26, 2009
- Ted Kennedy dies of brain cancer aged 77 (Part-I) - Aug 26, 2009
- Senator Edward Kennedy's death ends `historic' US chapter (Roundup) - Aug 26, 2009
- Kennedy eulogised at final farewell - Aug 30, 2009
- Edward Kennedy, liberal lion, scion of American royalty (Obituary) - Aug 26, 2009
- Senator of Senators, an important chapter - Aug 27, 2009
- `Celebration of Life' memorial for Kennedy in Boston - Aug 29, 2009
- Republicans win Ted Kennedy's seat in Massachusetts - Jan 20, 2010
- Obama mourns Kennedy's demise - Aug 27, 2009
- Obamas' condole death of Edward Kennedy - Aug 26, 2009
- Senator Kennedy's death ends `historic' US chapter (Second Lead) - Aug 26, 2009
Tags: barack obama, brain tumor, bush administration, dey, edward kennedy, gordon brown, invasion of iraq, man woman and child, power house, president john f kennedy, prime minister gordon brown, prisoner abuse, richard lister, senator edward kennedy, senator kennedy, seven times, time edward, time magazine, us senator, woman and child