EC to transfer Election Director of Roi Et and Buriram ProvinceDecember 19th, 2007 - 9:24 am ICT by admin
The Election Commission (EC) has issued an order to transfer Election Director of Rio Et Province Saroch Pairoh (สาโรช ไพเราะ) following an incident in which ballots were mistakenly burned during advanced voting.
Mr. Saroch will be transferred to the central EC office where he will assist in bureaucratic work. Electoral Investigator of the Roi Et EC Chadintorn Laotah (ชฎิลทร เหล่าทา) will also be transferred to the Nakorn Ratchasima EC office for his failure to perform his duty in the incident. The transfers are considered a mild disciplinary punishment by the EC which has accepted that the ballot burnings were not intentional. The EC stated though, that the destruction of ballots is still considered illegal and warrant punishment.
Buriram Provincial EC Director Suwit Yatniyom will also be transferred to the central EC. He allegedly has acted with bias pertaining to the upcoming election and the EC had him transferred from his previous position.
Source : National News Bureau Public Relations Department
- Opinion polls banned in Uttar Pradesh till Wednesday - Feb 07, 2012
- Congress, JMM seek review of cancellation of RS poll - Mar 31, 2012
- Flooding on Buriram-Nakorn Ratchasima road subsides - Sep 26, 2008
- Voting begins in Uttarakhand - Jan 30, 2012
- Presidential polls: Ballot boxes to reach Delhi by Friday - Jul 19, 2012
- 57 percent turnout in UP's fourth phase: Poll panel (Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- UP voter turnout 60 percent, may rise: Poll panel (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Poll panel to study paper trail for voting machines - Apr 15, 2011
- Lippi confirms Conca stay - Jul 15, 2012
- Jharkhand by-poll Feb 17, students union backs Munda - Jan 12, 2011
- Voting machines will soon give paper receipt: Official - Jan 20, 2012
- Poll panel transfers 18 Punjab officials - Dec 27, 2011
- Poll panel seeks transfer of police officer - Mar 20, 2011
- Casg flow in Tamil Nadu during polls a challenge: official - Mar 14, 2011
- Check vehicles only on information: Election Commission told - Mar 23, 2011