Duchess of York not invited to William’s weddingFebruary 19th, 2011 - 6:38 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 19 (IANS) Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York and ex-wife of Britain’s Prince Andrew, has not been invited to the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.Prince Andrew and the couple’s daughters - Beatrice and Eugenie - are, however on the guest list for the ceremony to be held at the Westminster Abbey April 29, The Sun reported.
Sources said William, 28, has not spoken to Fergie, 51, for nearly 15 years.
The last time they met was before William’s mother Princess Diana died in a car crash in August 1997.
“Diana and Fergie had a massive fall-out. Their friendship was never the same again. William certainly never forgot it and hasn’t buried the hatchet at all. When Beatrice had her 21st birthday, neither William nor Harry turned up because Fergie was there,” the source said.
But a spokesman for Sarah - who was divorced from Andrew, the Duke of York, 15 years ago - said the wedding snub has not come as a surprise.
“The duchess never expected an invitation. And she will be abroad at the time of the wedding,” the spokesman said.
Nearly 2,000 invitations have been sent out to relatives, friends and dignitaries.
And 100 lucky members of the public will get invites to the royal do through a lucky draw.
- Diana's friend Sarah not invited to Wills-Kate wedding - Feb 19, 2011
- Royal outcaste Fergie to get invited to Will and Kate's wedding - Jan 23, 2011
- Guy Ritchie, Joss Stone invited for royal wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Church issues prayer for Prince William, Kate Middleton's marriage - Apr 08, 2011
- Sarah Burton is the dress designer for Kate Middleton - Apr 29, 2011
- Prince William enjoys a night out with close friend - Jun 11, 2012
- Hat worn at British royal wedding on sale - May 12, 2011
- Princess Di's family to occupy front row at Wills-Kate wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Prince William, Kate Middleton's wedding reception to have just 300 guests - Jan 10, 2011
- 'With so much love in your hearts' - Apr 28, 2011
- ISS astronauts congratulate British royal couple - Apr 29, 2011
- White House congratulates British royal couple - Apr 30, 2011
- William - a prince, a pilot and a patron of charities - Apr 29, 2011
- Saturday August 13 is bookies favourite for Prince William's big day - Nov 17, 2010
- Fans camp at Westminster Abbey for Royal Wedding - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: 21st birthday, beatrice and eugenie, car crash, duchess of york, duke of york, fergie, kate middleton, london feb, lucky draw, lucky members, massive fall, prince andrew, prince william, prince william and kate, prince william and kate middleton, princess diana, sarah ferguson, sarah ferguson the duchess of york, westminster abbey, william and kate