DTTDC to operate west Delhi’s cultural centreMay 2nd, 2011 - 8:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 2 (IANS) A neighbourhood cultural centre will soon be operational in west Delhi as the state cabinet Monday approved a proposal authorising the Delhi Tourism and Transportation Development Corporation (DTTDC) to operate and manage the centre.
“A well-developed neighbourhood cultural centre underneath the Raja Garden flyover will soon become operational. The cabinet has approved its design and a draft agreement which will be signed between the public works department (PWD) and DTTDC,” Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said Monday after the cabinet meeting.
The DTTDC will appoint an asset manager to run the centre, she said.
Built under the Raja Garden flyover in west Delhi close to the Rajouri Garden metro station, the construction for the centre was completed in 2005.
It consists of a cyber cafe, library, retail shop, gymnasium, coffee point, amphitheatre-cum-mini exhibition space, food court, art work, kiosks and other such facilities.
“The centre will prove to be a new landmark apart from being a useful place for small gatherings and other cultural activities. This will also go a long way in enriching the cultural life of west Delhi,” Dikshit added.
- Delhi Metro's Phase-III gets cabinet nod - Oct 11, 2010
- Cabinet nod to 3 Delhi Metro corridors in Phase III (Lead, Superseding earier story) - Oct 11, 2010
- Promodome Communications to promote tourism in Delhi for CWG - Aug 31, 2010
- Delhi to spend Rs.440 crore on roads, afforestation - Jun 26, 2012
- Third Delhi Haat to come up in Janakpuri - Aug 24, 2011
- Delhi to spend Rs.440 crore on roads, afforestation (lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Dikshit admits to concern, but says Games work progressing - May 19, 2010
- Games tourist information cafes get good response - Sep 28, 2010
- Delhi plans maintenance wing to protect Games infrastructure - Oct 20, 2010
- Delhi's third Dilli Haat planned in west Delhi - Dec 20, 2011
- Big Street to beautify the capital during Commonwealth Games - Jun 30, 2010
- First tourist information cafe inaugurated in Delhi - Sep 20, 2010
- Delhi government okays low cost flats for slum dwellers - Feb 03, 2010
- Torrential downpour leaves Delhi in traffic snarls, chaos (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Blast, beefed up security cause traffic snarls - Sep 08, 2011
Tags: art work, asset manager, chief minister, coffee point, court art, cyber cafe, delhi tourism, draft agreement, dttdc, exhibition space, food court, kiosks, metro station, pwd, retail shop, sheila dikshit, space food, state cabinet, transportation development, west delhi