Don’t put up posters attacking BJP: Sanjay JoshiJune 17th, 2012 - 11:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 17 (IANS) Former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sanjay Joshi Sunday appealed against putting up posters with his pictures and attacking BJP leaders as this would harm the party’s image.
“This is a job of conspirators, yet I appeal to all my well-wishers and supporters to refrain from putting up any posters or issue pamphlets,” said Joshi, adding that such posters which depict his picture and attack a leader cannot be put up by his well-wishers.
Though Joshi, a bitter foe of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, quit the BJP June 8, the appeal was issued on a BJP letterhead.
Several posters that did not refer to Modi by name but blamed Joshi’s exit from BJP’s national executive due to the stubborness of “one leader” — a clear reference to Modi appeared June 5 outside the BJP headquarters in Delhi and Ahmedabad.
The multi-colour posters had a large image of Joshi, and described his forced exit from the national executive as “bullying”.
In his appeal Sunday, Joshi seemed to make an indirect attack on Modi indirectly as he stressed the importance of the party above an individual leader.
“Such activities harm the party’s image and I have always considered the party above myself. The importance of an individual is due to the organisation,” said Joshi.
“For me, the party and its ideology is above all. We are significant only as long as the BJP is there, hence we should not take any step that would harm the party,” he added.
Modi and Joshi have been at loggerheads for years. Modi stayed away from campaigning in Uttar Pradesh this year after Gadkari made Joshi one of the key people in the party’s election campaign.
Both Modi and Joshi have strong ties with the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS).
- Posters target Modi for Sanjay Joshi exit (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Posters target Modi for Sanjay Joshi exit - Jun 05, 2012
- Joshi-Modi poster war reaches Jaipur - Jun 29, 2012
- BJP bows to Modi, Joshi quits party (Roundup) - Jun 08, 2012
- Sanjay Joshi, Modi's foe, quits BJP (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- RSS mouthpiece slams Modi - Jun 02, 2012
- Sanjay Joshi quits BJP (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Don't go for power 'at any cost', says Rajnath - Jun 09, 2012
- Modi meets Advani, Vajpayee - Jun 01, 2012
- Joshi's posters surfaces in Shimla too - Jul 10, 2012
- Modi needs to review style of working: RSS mouthpiece (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Quiet, private 52nd birthday for Uddhav - Jul 27, 2012
- Joshi vs Modi: no clear winner in tangled BJP web (Comment) - Jun 09, 2012
- Sanjay Joshi quits BJP - Jun 08, 2012
- Joshi fears for his life, writes to Chidambaram - Jul 09, 2012
Tags: ahmedabad, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, bjp leaders, campaigning, chief minister, colour posters, conspirators, election campaign, foe, gujarat, letterhead, loggerheads, narendra modi, national executive, pamphlets, sanjay joshi, stubborness, uttar pradesh, well wishers