Don’t play with fire, Mamata warns opponentsAugust 28th, 2012 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 28 (IANS) West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Tuesday warned her detractors and opponents not to play with fire by fomenting riots in the state.
Addressing the foundation day programme of the Trinamool Congress Chhatra Parishad, Banerjee said she has information that “some people” opposed to her were trying to spark trouble in the state.
“I warn them. Don’t play with fire. Don’t try to start riots. I know who all are behind such conspiracies.”
Banerjee said her opponents would not succeed in their “nefarious plans”.
“We consider Hindus and Muslims as flowers from the same stalk. We care for both the communities equally.”
Days after she was criticised by Muslim leaders for having been silent on the riots in Assam, the chief minister said she has already drawn the attention of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to the issue.
“I have drawn the attention of the prime minister to the issue during my recent visit to Delhi for attending the UPA Coordination Committee meeting.”
The chief minister said her government would shelter all those who are fleeing Assam. “We will protect and care for them.”
- Media spreading canard to hold market: Mamata - Aug 28, 2012
- Mamata warns against politics over Assamese refugees - Jul 28, 2012
- Mamata asks MCA to reconsider ban on SRK (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Mamata, Left clash over Assam refugees - Jul 27, 2012
- Form 'Ma, Mati, Manush' Brigade, Mamata urges students - Aug 28, 2010
- Low key birthday as Mamata turns 57 - Jan 05, 2012
- Want to know Mamata's vision of future: Hillary - May 07, 2012
- Honorarium to imams not a populist move, says Mamata - Jun 05, 2012
- Want exclusive discussion on NCTC: Mamata - Mar 29, 2012
- Mamata Trinamool chief again, blames Left for crib deaths - Nov 03, 2011
- Of toilets and Mamataspeak (West Bengal newsletter) - Apr 22, 2012
- Mamata insists on tax moratorium for Bengal - Apr 21, 2012
- Mamata not to use bullet-proof car - May 20, 2011
- Rubbish to say Kishanji died in fake gunbattle: Mamata - Dec 15, 2011
- 'Chalo Delhi' if no moratorium on interest payment: Mamata - Jul 21, 2012
Tags: assam, chief minister, conspiracies, coordination committee, detractors, foundation day, hindus and muslims, mamata banerjee, manmohan, manmohan singh, muslim leaders, nefarious plans, opponents, play with fire, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, riots, stalk, trinamool congress, west bengal