Dogra certificate order to be rescinded in KashmirApril 28th, 2011 - 4:59 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, April 28 (IANS) The Jammu and Kashmir government Thursday decided to rescind its March 27 order offering certificates to the residents of Jammu region for getting relaxation in the eligibility criteria for joining central paramilitary forces.
The state government issued Dogra certificates to the residents to enable them get relaxation in height and chest measurements at the time of recruitment.
The decision to rescind the order was taken at a meeting of the state cabinet here, said a source in the cabinet.
It was felt that after the union home ministry modified its notification enabling all Jammu and Kashmir residents to avail a relaxation of five cm in height and two cm in chest measurements for getting into a paramilitary force, the state government’s order had lost its relevance, the source said.
The Dogra certificate order was issued for the residents of Jammu region because the people of this region were not getting the benefit in the eligibility criteria as was the case with the residents of Kashmir Valley and Leh-Ladakh region.
At the cabinet meeting it was agreed that the modified notification of the home ministry should get precedence over the state government’s order and it should be done away with, the source said. The revocation of the order may be issued any time.
The Dogra certificates issued earlier this month had led to discontent in the Valley. The certificates enabled their holders to seek reservation in recruitment in the central paramilitary forces.
Hurriyat chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani had warned the state government of a fresh round of unrest if the government didn’t withdraw by April 30 its decision to issue Dogra certificates to residents of Jammu.
- Paramilitary recruitment rules' relaxation now for entire Jammu and Kashmir - Apr 23, 2011
- Geelani-called shutdown affects life in Kashmir Valley (Lead) - Apr 11, 2011
- Congress unhappy with Abdullah over Dogra certificates - Apr 13, 2011
- Geelani issues ultimatum to J-K Govt. to revoke Dogra certificate plan - Apr 19, 2011
- Geelani's shutdown call affects life in Kashmir - Apr 11, 2011
- Package for pandits irk migrants from Jammu hills - Jun 21, 2012
- Kashmir 'durbar' moves to Jammu - Nov 09, 2011
- Chhattisgarh to absorb SPOs in police - Jul 22, 2011
- More consultations needed before withdrawing AFPSA: Chidambaram - Oct 31, 2011
- Anger in Jammu over move to sell heritage building - Mar 20, 2011
- Interlocutors to study impact of conflict on Kashmir's pluralism - Jul 06, 2011
- Kashmir reviews terms of NHPC-run power projects - Jan 03, 2012
- Facelift for Srinagar makes residents fume (Letter from Srinagar) - May 03, 2012
- Jammu, the refugee city of India (Part-I) - May 03, 2011
- Kashmir stone-pelters to be freed, unified command to take call on AFSPA (Lead) - Sep 25, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,