DMK will stand by Raja, says KarunanidhiMay 15th, 2012 - 9:39 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 15 (IANS) DMK patriarch M. Karunanidhi Tuesday expressed his happiness at party leader and former telecom minister A. Raja being freed on bail in the 2G spectrum case, and said the party will stand by him.
“I’m happy at Raja getting bail. The party will stand by him,” Karunanidhi told reporters here.
The DMK president said if an opportunity arose, he would visit Raja in New Delhi.
Raja was lodged in Delhi’s high-security Tihar Jail since February 2011 as an accused in the 2G spectrum allocation scam case.
- Raja to continue in party and politics: Karunanidhi (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- DMK calls high-level meeting Friday - Jun 09, 2011
- Raja arrives in Chennai to rousing welcome (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- 2G: Swamy submits documents against Chidambaram (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- DMK chief meets Chidamabram, cancels flight back home - May 23, 2011
- DMK workers celebrate Raja's bail - May 15, 2012
- Karunanidhi meets Kanimozhi, Raja, Sharad Kumar in Tihar (Second Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Order reserved on Swamy plea for Chidambaram's trial (Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Karunanidhi to visit daughter in Tihar jail Tuesday (Lead) - Jun 20, 2011
- Ties with Congress smooth: Karunanidhi - Jun 10, 2011
- After 15 months, Raja is out of jail (Roundup) - May 15, 2012
- 2G: Court adjourns hearing for two days - Feb 01, 2012
- Relieved Karunanidhi speaks to Kanimozhi - Nov 28, 2011
- Indian democracy in peril as Kani denied bail: Karunanidhi - Nov 10, 2011
- Only Baalu from DMK at UPA dinner (Second Lead) - May 22, 2011