DMK supporters celebrate Raja’s releaseMay 15th, 2012 - 10:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 15 (IANS) Scores of DMK supporters, gathered outside a Delhi court Tuesday, cheered out loud on hearing that their leader and former communications minister A. Raja was granted bail in the 2G scam case.
Over 200 DMK supporters were eagerly waiting for the outcome of the hearing outside the court room at Patiala House courts complex.
Raja’s wife Parmeshawari Devi was also present in the court. She accompanied Raja when Special CBI Judge O.P. Saini called him for announcing the order.
Soon after the court announced that Raja was granted bail, his supporters raised slogans in Tamil: “Raja, vazhga!” (Long live Raja!). They also distributed sweets to express their happiness.
Raja and his wife shared a smile with each other, while a few well wishers came to Raja and congratulated him.
One of the supporters, S. Baskar Sendurei, said that more than 200 people from different parts of Tamil Nadu, including Raja’s constituency in the Nilgiris, had come to the capital to hear the court ruling on his bail order.
Another supporter, N. Dhanapal, said he was very happy over the court order. “Raja is mastermind in improving telecom services in the country. CBI has misrepresented him as a mastermind in 2G spectrum allocation case,” he said.
Dhanapal said it was because of Raja’s policies that the common man could afford cellular phone services.
DMK spokesperson T.K.S. Elangovan told IANS: “We are happy. Getting bail is part of the legal process. We are confident that Raja will come out clean in the whole episode.”
Raja’s counsel told reporters that the judge called Raja and told him: “Your bail application is allowed.”
“Raja had not moved bail until all other 13 were granted bail,” he added. “Now all the accused are on bail. The case will go on.”
- Raja granted bail, can't visit DoT or Tamil Nadu (Fourth Lead) - May 15, 2012
- Raja gets bail, can't visit DoT or Tamil Nadu (Third Lead) - May 15, 2012
- After 15 months, Raja is out of jail (Roundup) - May 15, 2012
- Raja gets bail after 15 months in jail (Second Lead) - May 15, 2012
- DMK workers celebrate Raja's bail - May 15, 2012
- Raja's release may dilute 2G case: Jayalalithaa - May 15, 2012
- Bail not end of 2G spectrum case: BJP - May 15, 2012
- After 15 months in jail, Raja gets bail (Lead) - May 15, 2012
- Bail not end of 2G, more accused soon, says BJP (Lead) - May 15, 2012
- Raja meets DMK supporters near court lock-up - Feb 07, 2012
- Karunanidhi anxious, hopeful Kanimozhi will get bail - Oct 24, 2011
- Relief in DMK camp over Kanimozhi court hearing - May 07, 2011
- Diwali in jail for Kanimozhi and Yeddyurappa, Amar goes home (Roundup) - Oct 24, 2011
- Don't want bail, want to come out clean: A. Raja (Exclusive Interview) - Apr 22, 2012
- 2G: Apex court gives CBI time to reply on Chandolia's appeal (Second Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
Tags: baskar, cbi, cellular phone services, common man, constituency, delhi court, happiness, mastermind, New Delhi, nilgiris, raja, saini, scam case, slogans, smile, spectrum allocation, spokesperson, sweets, telecom services, well wishers