DMK calls meeting to discuss presidential pollsJuly 10th, 2012 - 12:14 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, July 10 (IANS) The DMK, which is part of the ruling United Progressive Alliance (UPA), has called a meeting of its MPs and legislators July 17 to discuss voting in the presidential elections.
Party president M. Karunanidhi announced the meeting late Monday to discuss the modalities of voting in the July 19 presidential polls.
He had asked the party’s members of the Rajya Sabha, Lok Sabha and Tamil Nadu assembly to attend the July 17 meeting to be held at DMK’s headquarters here.
The DMK has already expressed its support to the UPA nominee, former finance minister Pranab Mukherjee.
- Voting in presidential poll ends in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- President's office should not be sought after: Pranab (Lead) - Jun 30, 2012
- Presidential poll: AIADMK lawmakers to meet July 18 - Jul 12, 2012
- BJP's alliance partners in Jharkhand to support Pranab - Jul 17, 2012
- Pranab will win, claims UPA - Jul 17, 2012
- Sangma seeks debate with Pranab (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Presidential poll voting ends in Puducherry, still on in Tamil Nadu - Jul 19, 2012
- India to elect new president Thursday (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sonia meets Congress MPs ahead of presidential poll - Jul 17, 2012
- Antony meets Karunanidhi ahead of presidential polls (Lead) - Apr 29, 2012
- Congress alliance with DMK will continue: Pranab (Lead) - Jul 09, 2011
- Pranab to campaign in Odisha July 11 - Jul 01, 2012
- DMK says talk on withdrawing ministers speculative - Jun 10, 2011
- Ansari re-elected vice president with wide margin (Intro Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- TDP to abstain in presidential election - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: dmk, finance minister, july 17, legislators, Lok Sabha, m karunanidhi, modalities, mps, party president, pranab mukherjee, presidential elections, presidential polls, progressive alliance, rajya sabha, tamil nadu, UPA