DMK agrees to join UPA governmentMay 24th, 2009 - 4:48 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 24 (IANS) The DMK Sunday decided to join the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government at the centre and settle for three cabinet berths - setting at rest the wrangling over ministry sharing with the Congress.
“The problem (over ministerial berths) is resolved. We are joining (the UPA government),” a senior DMK leader told IANS here.
“They are working out the finer details,” he added.
According to the agreement reportedly worked out, the DMK will get three cabinet and four Minister of State berths. The names for cabinet rank being floated are of A. Raja, M.K. Azhagiri (Karunanidhi’s son) and Dayanidhi Maran. Among the names for Mos are Kanimozhi, the chief minister’s daughter.
However, the DMK leader said the final decision on the names for minister would be taken by DMK supremo M. Karunanidhi.
- Berth row solved, DMK to join UPA government (Lead) - May 24, 2009
- DMK to join government, likely to get seven berths (Second Lead) - May 24, 2009
- Karunanidh to visit Delhi Monday, Baalu to attend UPA anniversary (Third Lead) - May 22, 2011
- Only Baalu from DMK at UPA dinner (Second Lead) - May 22, 2011
- Karunanidhi blames media for Maran's exit - Jul 07, 2011
- DMK's Baalu to attend UPA second anniversary - May 22, 2011
- Testing times ahead for DMK, say analysts - May 20, 2011
- DMK cadres ready for soul-searching at Coimbatore - Jul 22, 2011
- Only Baalu from DMK at UPA dinner (Lead) - May 22, 2011
- DMK ministers to submit their resignations to PM - Mar 07, 2011
- Opposition parties ask PM to explain Maran fiasco (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Maran's abrupt end as minister, second time over (Profile) - Jul 07, 2011
- DMK holds quit notice, parleys on with Congress (Intro Roundup) - Mar 08, 2011
- I am unlikely to be new IT minister: Kanimozhi - Nov 15, 2010
- Maran will be dropped if probe points finger - Jun 25, 2011