Distribution of land on Kolkata’s outskirts to be haltedJune 1st, 2011 - 12:40 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 31 (IANS) Alleging that there was forcible land acquisition at Rajarhat in the city’s outskirts during the Left Front’s tenure, the Trinamool Congress-led West Bengal government Tuesday decided to halt the distribution of land.
“I held talks with our chief minister. It has been decided to hold up the further processing of distribution of land. We will review the distribution process conducted from Dec 1, 2010,” Housing Minister Shyamapada Mukherjee told reporters here.
“The land distribution process will be held up till the review is completed. Whatever decision is to be taken over the distribution of land, it will be discussed in the cabinet. The chief minister will look into the matter,” he added.
The government Tuesday disbanded the Bhangar Rajarhat Area Development Authority (BRADA), alleging that forcible land acquisition had taken place in the area during the Left Front government regime.
Before coming to power, the Trinamool Congress had demanded a CBI probe into the alleged forcible land acquisition at Rajarhat for a satellite township. The party had also termed it as “largest scam” by the Left government.
- Bengal removes five housing board officials - Jun 02, 2011
- Mamata scraps land acquisition in Rajarhat - Jun 24, 2011
- Mamata Banerjee slams Left Front over forcible land acquisition - Nov 14, 2010
- Open to probe on land acquisition: Bengal minister - Nov 23, 2010
- Bengal minister challenges Trinamool on land acquisition - Nov 17, 2010
- Mamata rejects Bengal government offer on Singur land - Nov 18, 2010
- Mamata fights for Kolkata farmers' land - Nov 13, 2010
- Infosys inks deal with West Bengal for 50-acre campus - Nov 23, 2010
- Mamata attacks CPI-M's stand on 2G scam - Dec 01, 2010
- Only the red flag protects the poor, Muslims: Buddhadeb - Nov 27, 2010
- Mamata's land bank idea, industry cautious - Jun 10, 2011
- CPI-M leader keeps away from his 'Occupy Singur' movement - Jul 03, 2012
- Mamata expels 3 Trinamool leaders in Vedic Village scam - Sep 08, 2009
- Main accused in Bengal's Vedic Village violence arrested - Sep 08, 2009
- West Bengal housing minister threatened me: Mamata - Nov 04, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,