Dismiss Mayawati’s government, get my support: Mulayam SinghMay 7th, 2009 - 4:00 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 7 (IANS) Samajwadi Party (SP) supremo Mulayam Singh Thursday said he will support the party that will dismiss Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati’s “unconstitutional” government in Uttar Pradesh.
“Whichever party will dismiss the unconstitutional government in Uttar Pradesh, we will support them,” Mulayam Singh told reporters after casting his vote at a polling both in his constituency Mainpuri.
The former chief minister said that his party will convene a meeting after the Lok Sabha poll results are declared to decide what steps must be taken to form a government at the centre.
Asked if the SP will remain allied with the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA), which it supported during the trust vote last year, Mualayam Singh said: “We saved the government for electricity, nuclear deal and security of the country.”
- Alliance with Congress not possible, says Akhilesh - Feb 29, 2012
- Raja Bhaiya dents Akhilesh's clean credentials - Mar 15, 2012
- Pranab receives warm welcome in Lucknow, meets Mulayam and Mayawati - Jul 04, 2012
- Mayawati quits, warns against SP's hooliganism (Third Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Congress, BSP ignoring Muslims: Mulayam - Nov 16, 2011
- BSP, SP have tacit understanding with Congress: BJP - Nov 11, 2011
- Astrologers say Mulayam is king, Bejan Daruwalla differs - Mar 05, 2012
- Mayawati lures away Samajwadi Party Dalit legislator - Aug 04, 2011
- Mulayam will bring back 'gunda raj': Mayawati - Feb 19, 2012
- Akhilesh asks party's youth to work for Lok Sabha win - Aug 07, 2012
- Mayawati's officials out to taint SP's image: Akhilesh (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Maya attacks Akhilesh for changing names of eight districts (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- BJP on ventilator in Uttar Pradesh: Rahul Gandhi - Nov 25, 2011
- BSP has cheated Dalits: BJP - Feb 19, 2012
- Jawed Usmani takes over as UP chief secretary - Mar 23, 2012