Dismiss Assam government, says Rajnath SinghJuly 27th, 2012 - 10:52 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, July 27 (IANS) Senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh Friday said the central government should dismiss the Assam government for the communal clashes in the state.
Singh told reporters here that the violence in Assam, in which 45 people had been killed and lakhs displaced, was due to the lax attitude of the central and Assam governments.
“The government failed to assess the gravity of the infiltration from Bangladesh. The original inhabitants of Assam are living under constant threat of illegal Bangladeshi immigrants. They have overpopulated the state,” he said.
- Advani blames Bangladeshi immigrants for Assam violence (Second Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Advani blames Bangladeshi immigrants for Assam violence (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Assam violence unprecedented, government to blame: Advani (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Centre to blame for Assam violence: Advani - Aug 08, 2012
- Advani blames Bangladeshi immigrants for Assam violence - Jul 31, 2012
- BJP motion on Assam violence rejected (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- PM calls Advani's remark disgraceful, Sonia agitated (Second Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- White Paper on Assam Accord implementation next month: Congress - Sep 20, 2012
- Fence entire Bangladesh border, opposition says (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Fence entire Bangladesh border, opposition says - Aug 08, 2012
- Assam riots could be prevented: Rights body - Sep 11, 2012
- Bangladeshi influx: Assam NGO seeks Supreme Court intervention - Feb 25, 2012
- Blame illegal immigrants for northeast tensions: Gadkari - Aug 24, 2012
- Assam NGOs against Bangladeshis' deportation allowed to amend PIL - Jul 27, 2012
- Manipur pushes back 60 suspected Bangladeshis - Sep 02, 2012