Discussions about alliance with Left after polls: Rahul GandhiApril 25th, 2009 - 2:50 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 25 (IANS) Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi said here Saturday that discussions regarding an alliance with the Left parties will be held by “senior leaders” after the parliamentary polls are over but his party’s door was always open for anybody willing to join it.
“I think all these discussions will be held after the elections, once the results are out. Prior to the election results being out, everything is hypothetical,” Gandhi told reporters.
He was asked to comment on Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) general secretary Prakash Karat’s statement that the Left would not be averse to the Congress giving outside support to the Third Front to form a government, but the Left parties would not support a Congress-led government.
“One can carry on these hypothetical discussions for ever. As far as I am concerned, once the elections are over, the results are out, then let’s see what the outcome is,” he added.
“I am nobody to keep the door open for anybody. There are senior people. As the general principle, the door of Congress is always open for anybody who wants to join the party,” Gandhi said.
- Alliance talks only after polls: Rahul Gandhi (Roundup) - Apr 25, 2009
- Khurshid's comments on Rahul are fodder for BJP, Left (Intro Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi is an Amul baby: Achuthanandan - Apr 10, 2011
- Crucial CPI-M politburo, central committee meetings from Tuesday - Jan 16, 2012
- Antony panel to look into poll debacle in Punjab, Goa - Apr 07, 2012
- Trinamool names 228 candidates, leaves 64 seats for Congress (Roundup) - Mar 19, 2011
- Rahul gets 'proactive', will be Congress no. 2 (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Patience, says Congress, amid presidential suspense (Roundup) - May 04, 2012
- Jagan challenges Congress for snap poll - May 14, 2011
- Left to decide Thursday on presidential candidate - Jun 17, 2012
- Rahul calls upon youth to change political system - Nov 28, 2011
- Race for Raisina Hill on, Pranab, Sangma file nominations (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Nobody calls me, and I don't call anybody: Somnath (With Somnath Chatterjee interview) - Apr 11, 2011
- Congress could be eyeing SP as alternative ally (News Analysis) - Jan 04, 2012
- Sonia thanks non-UPA parties for support to Pranab (Second Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
Tags: communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress, CPI, election results, elections, general secretary, kolkata, left parties, parliamentary polls, prakash karat, principle, rahul gandhi