Discuss Telangana issue outside parliament: ChidambaramApril 30th, 2012 - 5:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 30 (IANS) Members who supported the cause of a separate state of Telangana should hold discussions outside the house and not disrupt parliament, Home Minister P. Chidambaram said Monday.
“We understand their concern. Let’s continue to discuss the matter, let the house run,” Chidambaram said at a press conference.
Eight Congress MPs from Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh were suspended from the Lok Sabha for disrupting the house demanding a separate state of Telangana.
Chidambaram said the MPs could discuss the issue anytime with Vayalar Ravi, the Congress man in-charge of Andhra Pradesh.
- Telangana rocks Lok Sabha - Mar 28, 2012
- Lok Sabha adjourned over Telangana - Apr 30, 2012
- Lok Sabha adjourned for day over Telangana (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Congress MPs from Telangana resign - Jul 04, 2011
- Congress MPs from Telangana suspended from Lok Sabha - Apr 24, 2012
- Suspended Congress MPs hold protest - Apr 25, 2012
- Suspended MPs block parliament entrance - Apr 26, 2012
- Stormy start to parliament, 8 Congress MPs suspended (Roundup) - Apr 24, 2012
- Need national view on Telangana: Congress - Mar 29, 2012
- Lok Sabha disrupted over Telangana issue - Mar 27, 2012
- Speculation mounts of changes in Congress, two ministers deny quit offer (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Telangana disrupts Lok Sabha again - Mar 30, 2012
- No crisis in Andhra: Congress - Jul 01, 2011
- More consultations on Telangana: PM - Jan 20, 2011
- Congress, opposition stall parliament over Telangana - Mar 03, 2011