Dinkaran resigns as Sikkim Chief JusticeJuly 30th, 2011 - 12:30 am ICT by IANS
Gangtok, July 29 (IANS) Sikkim High Court Chief Justice P.D. Dinakaran, facing impeachment on charges of graft and land grabbing, has resigned, official sources here said.
Speaking to Times Now TV channel, Dinakaran alleged he was being victimised because he hails from an “under-privileged” section.
Dinakaran is currently facing a probe by a Judges Inquiry Committee headed by Supreme Court Justice Aftab Alam on the charges of corruption, land grabbing, possessing disproportionate assets and misbehaviour.
The probe was launched after a notice of motion for impeachment was initiated against Dinakaran by Rajya Sabha members.
- Apex court rejects Dinakaran's plea - Jul 19, 2011
- Apex court reserves verdict on Dinakaran's petition - Jun 01, 2011
- Dinakaran probe: P.P. Rao out of judges' panel - Jul 05, 2011
- Supreme Court reserves verdict on Dinakaran's petition (Lead) - Jun 01, 2011
- Dinakaran impeachment process to continue: Apex court - Jul 05, 2011
- Dinakaran's case may go to larger Supreme Court bench - May 26, 2011
- A judge's conduct should be exemplary: Supreme Court - May 27, 2011
- Two Supreme Court judges withdraw from Dinakaran case (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Supreme Court issues notice on Dinakaran's petition (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- Supreme Court stays enquiry proceedings against Justice Dinakaran - Apr 29, 2011
- Charges against Dinakaran modified, apex court told - May 19, 2011
- Initial inquiry against Dinakaran valid, apex court told - May 31, 2011
- Justice Dinakaran seeks stay on inquiry, member's removal - Apr 26, 2011
- Apex court stays enquiry against Dinakaran (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Impeachment proceedings against Justice Dinakaran stayed - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,