Dimple files nomination, plays ‘bahu’ cardJune 5th, 2012 - 4:59 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 5 (IANS) Dimple Yadav, wife of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, Tuesday filed her nomination papers for the June 24 Kannauj Lok Sabha seat by-election.
Accompanied by her husband, she later addressed a public rally asking people to vote for her as a “sister, bhabhi and bahu”.
“You have shown faith in Netaji, Akhileshji and now time has come to bless me,” she said.
Dimple assured the voters of Kannauj that she would work “relentlessly and honestly” for the development of the district, and accused the former BSP government of pushing UP back by 20 years.
Addressing the rally later, Akhilesh Yadav said his government would ensure all-round development of not only Kannauj but of the entire state.
Touching upon the grim power scenario in the state, the chief minister blamed the former government and promised a perceptible change within the next 100 days.
The Lok Sabha seat goes to polls June 24 following the resignation of Akhilesh Yadav from parliament after he was elected the chief minister.
The Congress has decided not to contest the election, in what is seen as a ‘friendly gesture’ towards the Samajwadi Party in the run up to the presidential polls in July.
The Bharatiya Janata Party and Bahujan Samaj Party are yet to declare their candidates.
Dimple Yadav was fielded by the Samajwadi Party from Firozabad in the 2009 Lok Sabha election. But she lost to Raj Babbar, a former party colleague who had joined the Congress.
- Dimple Yadav to launch second political innings Tuesday - Jun 04, 2012
- 'Kidnapped' man challenges Dimple Yadav's election to Lok Sabha - Sep 12, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav's wife to contest Kannauj by-election (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Dimple Yadav to contest from Kannauj? - Mar 15, 2012
- Dimple Yadav elected to Lok Sabha unopposed (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Dimple elected to Lok Sabha unopposed (Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- BSP not to contest against Dimple - Jun 06, 2012
- Kannauj Lok Sabha bypoll is slated for June 24 - May 23, 2012
- Dimple collects victory certificate, thanks voters - Jun 12, 2012
- Metallica loving Dimple enters Lok Sabha in style - Jun 09, 2012
- Akhilesh comes of age in rough, tough UP politics - Mar 06, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav: From football, movies to crown of UP politics (Profile) - Mar 10, 2012
- Dimple Yadav takes oath as Lok Sabha member - Aug 08, 2012
- Amar Singh calls for division of UP to boost development - Nov 04, 2010
- Akhilesh asks party's youth to work for Lok Sabha win - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: bhabhi, bharatiya janata party, chief minister, colleague, congress, faith, firozabad, gesture, june 24, kannauj, lok sabha election, nomination papers, parliament, perceptible change, power scenario, presidential polls, public rally, raj babbar, resignation, Samajwadi Party