Dikshit visits CWG sitesJuly 14th, 2010 - 11:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 14 (IANS) With only 80 days left for the Oct 3-14 Commonwealth Games (CWG) and rising concerns over timely completion of projects, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Wednesday inspected the sites of the delayed projects and asked officials to complete them by the Aug 31 deadline.
An official said Dikshit inspected three-four sites, including the Barapullah Nallah elevated road corridor that connects the Games village with the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in south Delhi.
The elevated corridor, undertaken by the public works department (PWD), has missed several deadlines and the government has expedited the work on it as it is important for smooth travel of players and delegates during the Games.
Wednesday’s visit to Barapullah Nallah was second by the chief minister in past 10 days.
Delhi PWD Minister Raj Kumar Chauhan and top government officials accompanied the chief minister her during the visit, the official added.
Dikshit had June 9 directed all the stakeholders of the CWG projects to complete the work related with the mega-event by Aug 31.
“Final touches are being given to the works at most of the sites which the chief minister visited,” the official added.
- Dikshit issues warning to Games contractors - Jul 26, 2010
- Delhi's Barapullah elevated road open for public - Dec 07, 2010
- Games projects will be completed on time, Dikshit assures Kalmadi - Jul 15, 2010
- Dikshit admits to concern, but says Games work progressing - May 19, 2010
- Everything ready for CWG: Delhi chief secretary - Sep 16, 2010
- CWG related work will be completed before Oct 3: Dikshit - Aug 27, 2010
- Many CWG projects to miss 'final' deadline - Aug 27, 2010
- Delhi to get absolutely ready to host CWG by Aug 31 - Jul 09, 2010
- Preparing for Games, Delhi battles lack of coordination - Aug 05, 2010
- Doubt if CWG projects will meet deadline: Walia - Jul 28, 2010
- Multiple authorities delayed CWG projects: Dikshit - Jul 15, 2010
- Delhi Metro asked to hand over roads by July 31 - Jul 13, 2010
- CWG projects should not be politicised: Dikshit - Jul 30, 2010
- No deadlines, Delhi will be ready for Games before Oct 3: Dikshit (Lead) - Aug 27, 2010
- Complete work at CWG venue by July 31: Khanna - Jul 06, 2010
Tags: chief minister, commonwealth games, cwg, delegates, final touches, government officials, jawaharlal nehru, jawaharlal nehru stadium, july 14, New Delhi, pwd minister, raj kumar, sheila dikshit, south delhi, stakeholders, timely completion