Dikshit meets Sikh leaders, seeks support for CongressApril 7th, 2009 - 11:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Tuesday met a delegation of the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC) led by its president Sardar Paramjit Singh Sarna and appealed to them to support the Congress.
The meeting assumes importance as various Sikh organisations held a protest at Jantar Mantar here against the Central Bureau of Investigation’s (CBI) clean chit to Congress leader Jagdish Tytler in a case relating to the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
“India’s rapid economic growth and the corporate performance is [due to] the man who single handedly dealt with the country’s economy and pushed India on the economic prosperity,” Dikshit told the delegation, referring to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Delhi Education and Transport minister Arvinder Singh Lovely and other prominent Sikh leaders also attended the meeting, an official statement said.
- Akali Dal, SGPC oppose Tytler in Olympics delegation - Jul 09, 2012
- Lone Sikh ranger withdraws from 1984 riots cases - Jul 21, 2010
- 1984 riots: Akal Takht stands behind Phoolka - Jul 22, 2010
- Anti-Sikh riots: Phoolka offers to quit legal battle (Lead) - Jul 21, 2010
- 1984 anti-Sikh riots affected take out protest march in Amritsar - Aug 07, 2010
- Sarnas appear before Akal Takht, panel set up on Phoolka charges - Aug 08, 2010
- Sikhs protest to demand Rajoana's release - Mar 28, 2012
- Anti-Sikh riots: Phoolka offers to quit legal battle (Second Lead) - Jul 21, 2010
- US-based Sikh wants to depose against Tytler - Jan 25, 2012
- BJP demands punishment for guilty in anti-Sikh riots - Nov 03, 2010
- Pakistani law officer pays quiet visit to Delhi gurdwara - Mar 26, 2012
- US gurdwara shooting: DSGMC to compensate Delhi victims' kin - Aug 07, 2012
- Tytler given clean chit in 1984 anti-Sikh riots case - Apr 27, 2010
- Don't close riots case probe against Tytler, court told (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Don't close riots case probe against Tytler, court told - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: anti sikh riots, central bureau of investigation, clean chit, congress leader, corporate performance, delhi sikh gurdwara management, dsgmc, economic prosperity, jagdish tytler, manmohan, manmohan singh, mantar, paramjit singh, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rapid economic growth, sarna, sheila dikshit, sikh gurdwara management committee, sikh leaders