Dikshit lauds steps to regularise illegal coloniesJune 9th, 2012 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 9 (IANS) Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Saturday thanked union Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath for amending the regulations and facilitating regularisation of unauthorised colonies in the capital.
Dikshit, accompanied by Delhi Urban Development Minister A.K. Walia and other legislators, met Kamal Nath at his residence “to convey thanks on behalf of the citizens of Delhi”, said a statement from the Chief Minister’s Office.
Describing the central government’s step as “relief oriented”, Dikshit said it would go a long way in removing the “unauthorised” tag from the unplanned colonies.
“By authorising the Delhi government to issue orders of regularisation, the union ministry has dispelled all apprehensions that both the central and Delhi governments are not serious to announce regularisation,” the statement added.
Walia assured Kamal Nath the unauthorised colonies would be regularised at the earliest.
“The city government will strive hard to provide civic amenities in regularised colonies to enable the residents to enjoy similar amenities which are there in all planned colonies,” the statement said.
- 'Claims of regularising unauthorised colonies a gimmick' - Jul 05, 2012
- Delhi gets centre's nod to regularise 917 colonies - Aug 28, 2012
- Over 1,000 unauthorised Delhi colonies to be regularised - Jun 25, 2010
- Private bill on unauthorised colonies rejected - Aug 20, 2010
- Build one lakh houses for poor: Kamal Nath - Aug 31, 2012
- Dikshit for early completion of work in illegal colonies - Jan 05, 2011
- Lok Sabha MPs complain about Delhi's Master Plan - Dec 12, 2011
- Delhi cabinet recommends sub-division of plots - Aug 09, 2010
- Portfolio reshuffle in Delhi cabinet - Aug 28, 2012
- New unauthorised colonies in Delhi to be demolished - Jun 07, 2010
- Reshuffle to ease work of overburdened ministers: Dikshit - Aug 28, 2012
- Court notice on Delhi's illegal colonies - Aug 22, 2012
- Notice to Delhi, central governments on unauthorised colonies - Feb 17, 2012
- Delhi government hits out at MCD over unauthorised colonies - Nov 29, 2010
- Delhi's 1,500 illegal colonies to be regularised - Feb 07, 2011
Tags: apprehensions, central government, chief minister, citizens, city government, civic amenities, delhi government, development minister, governments, kamal nath, legislators, New Delhi, sheila dikshit, unauthorised colonies, union ministry, urban development, walia