Dikshit government successful, responsible: SoniaOctober 4th, 2008 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 4 (IANS) Setting the stage for the upcoming assembly elections, Congress president Sonia Gandhi Saturday described the party’s government in Delhi as successful and responsible.She stated that the Congress governments in various states as well as the central government of a coalition led by the party are committed to the common man and have been fulfilling promises.
Gandhi was speaking at a function organised at the Chhatrasal Stadium here by the Delhi government to distribute provisional regularization certificates to representatives of 11 unauthorised colonies.
“The decision of regularization of unauthorized colonies has brought pleasure and satisfaction to around five million residents of such colonies as they are no more afraid of demolitions and other similar actions like sealing,” said Gandhi, also chairperson of the United Progressive Alliance (UPA).
Urban Development Minister S. Jaipal Reddy, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, Minister of State of Urban Development Ajay Maken, Delhi Urban Development Minister Raj Kumar Chauhan and Delhi congress chief J.P. Aggarwal were among those present on the occasion.
“A bold decision has been taken after a long gap of 31 years,” Gandhi said while complimenting the Delhi government for making a provision of Rs.28 billion for executing developmental works in unauthorized colonies.
Dikshit stated that the developmental works in unauthorized colonies including construction of roads, drains, sanitation, water supply, street lighting, and sewerage were being executed on a war footing.
“Development works of construction of roads and drains are being carried out in 728 unauthorized colonies. 1,093 colonies have been electrified whereas 417 colonies have been provided piped water supply,” she said.
- Delhi sets up task force for regularization of colonies - Sep 11, 2012
- 1,300 illegal colonies seek regularization in Haryana - Mar 20, 2011
- Delhi CM meets MLAs to highlight development issues - Jan 10, 2011
- 900 unauthorised Delhi colonies to be regularised - Aug 15, 2012
- 900 unauthorised Delhi colonies to be regularised (Lead, Correcting date in para one) - Aug 15, 2012
- Lok Sabha MPs complain about Delhi's Master Plan - Dec 12, 2011
- Will make Delhi slum-free, says Dikshit - Feb 10, 2012
- Urban sanitation hopelessly inadequate: Parliament panel - Apr 30, 2012
- Rs.300 crore package for Ghaziabad slum cluster - Apr 19, 2011
- GoM set up for Delhi's unauthorised colonies - Sep 12, 2011
- 'Claims of regularising unauthorised colonies a gimmick' - Jul 05, 2012
- Delhi Lokayukta should answer on report: Sheila Dikshit - Mar 23, 2012
- Delhi to open more state-run retail outlets - May 08, 2011
- Delhi gets centre's nod to regularise 917 colonies - Aug 28, 2012
- CWG were a success despite hurdles: Dikshit - Aug 15, 2011